How to reset Canon Imageclass LBP6230dw
If you encounter a connection or troubleshooting issue that seems unresolvable, you can factory reset Canon Image CLASS LBP6230dw printer to make it work again. Restoring the default settings is also a good idea to prevent third parties from accessing personal information (such as passwords and security settings).
We suggest that you should try a power reset of the printer, but do not perform a factory reset. Due to power reset you will not lose any manual settings. So, try to solve the problem using power reset first.
reset Canon Image CLASS LBP6230dw printer preferences settings
If you transfer the device to another person, you must first clear your personal data and history from the printer. If your device sluggish down, freezes, or does not work properly, it’s up to you to decide to restore it to original settings.
However, we only suggest it as a final option after trying to clean up manually. Viruses are difficult to detect and they take a long time to clear or remove from the printer. If your canon printer is infected with a virus, a master reset may be the final idea to delete it.
Here, some steps to reset Canon Image CLASS LBP6230dw preference settings. Follow each instruction carefully.
- First, you need to start the remote UI.
- Now, sign in to the system management mode.
- Click on the settings and then click on the registration.
- From the sidebar menu Initialize Setting Information and choose Initialize menu. Here, you can choose different types of settings that you want to initialize again. You will find 3 options for settings. Preference settings, system management settings, and key and certificate settings. You can initialize all three settings one by one by following these steps.
- Now, you have to choose settings that you want to initialize and next click on the Initialize.
- You will see the pop-up menu on the screen for confirmation. Press the Ok button.
You have reset the preference settings in the Canon Image CLASS LBP6230dw printer.
Your Canon Image CLASS LBP6230dw printer is great unless your printer loses the mind and forget who it is. Issues in the printer maybe it can’t find an internet connection, wi-fi contentions, and Bluetooth connections.
Also, sometimes you will find a paper unavailable error and it cannot perform any operations correctly which means your printer has some virus and malware. A factory reset can remove all these things and make your printer work properly again as it before.