How to connect Alexa to Tv
Before you learn to connect Alexa to Tv. You have to know that not all the televisions are directly connected to the Alexa.
If you have a newly launched television then it will have the specialty of Alexa built in. Only those televisions can be directly connected to Alexa otherwise, you will need a device to connect the Alexa to the Tv. Such device includes Amazon Fire Tv stick.
Once you have connected your set-top box or Tv to Alexa then also it is not clear that the device which you have will follow your command. So, to check that whether your Tv will follow the command or not, first you have to check the support website of your device’s manufacturer.
Now let’s begin the process to know that how to connect Alexa to Tv?
In this article you are going to know about the two types of processes by which you can connect Alexa to Tv:
How to connect Alexa to a Smart TV:
- You have to open the Alexa app in your smart phone or tablet. If you don’t have the app just download it from the Appstore/Play store.
- In the app you have to open the device option which is given on the right side of the bottom.
- Now you have to select the” +” option from the top of the right side.
- After selecting that you have to choose the option of “Add device”.
- Once this tab opens just select the option provided for TV.
- Now they will ask about the brand of your TV just select the brand of your TV.
- You have almost done the process, just you have to follow the instructions given by Alexa app then your setup will complete successfully.
How to connect Alexa to TV through set-top box?
- First step is same you have to open the Alexa app on your smartphone/tablet.
- Now you have to select the “more” option provided in the end of your app.
- Once you have opened the “more” tab you will get the option for “skills and games”.
- Select that option then you will get the search bar where you have to type the name of your cable provider.
- When the name of your set-top box is visible to you select it.
- Now you have to choose “enable to use” option.
- After that you have to log in with the help of the details given by your cable provider.