This is the high time of HD videos and images and also you always desire to have more and more storage places so that you can store not only your pics or videos but also important documents. This same phrase also applied to your mobile devices as well. Hence, it is important to assist or backup the documents or files from the computers to a definite local storage device.
Well, we have the best option which can save your files for a long time on a Synology NAS (Network Attached Storage) device. Additionally, this is a great storage device till today that provides easy setup as well by using find my Synology.
The Synology Network Attached Storage drives are high-capacity storage devices. You can seamlessly connect to your office or home networks and easily manage them whenever required. Once you connect the network storage device into the network drive then you see what type of NAS device you should have based on data transfer, security, and frequency of use required for the documents that you want to store.
Find Synology NAS Installation
Well, installing a NAS is a lot easier than you can imagine. Before you head over the setup of the Synology storage device you need to install it properly. Before you start using it, installation of the storage device is necessary as it is the basic step. So in this section, we’ll assist you to install the Synology NAS device in just a few points. So the installation starts with the unboxing of the device and also checks if it comes with the following components.
- First of all, take the Synology storage device from the box.
- You will receive an AC adapter.
- An Installation Guide
- RJ-45 LAN Cables x2
- Hard drive tray keys
- 2.5-inch hard drive screws
Before you start connecting the NAS, you need to install the hard drives first. For that, read out the below-mentioned steps.
- Firstly, pull out the drive bay from the device.
- Then remove the fastening panels from the sides of the drive tray.
- Afterward, place the drive into the drive tray and then steadily insert the fastening panels to secure the drive in place.
- If you want to use the 2.5-inch hard drives to secure the drives then it will also be a better option.
- After that, insert the drive tray back into the drive bay until you hear a click sound.
- Once the tray is inserted properly then it’ll produce a sound and that means it is locked into place.
- You can also use the key to lock the trays to prevent pulling out the hard drive during operation.
This is how to install the Synology NAS drive, and in the next section, you’ll deal with the setup steps of the drive via Synology find.
Setup of Find My Synology NAS
For the setup of the Synology NAS device, you need to complete every procedure that also includes DSM OS. The step defines here is how:
- First, connect the AC adapter to the power port of the NAS.
- Then use the LAN cable to connect the NAS to your switch, router, or hub.
- Also, ensure that the NAS and the PC are connected under the same domain.
- Now press the button to turn on the NAS storage device.
- Wait until it completes its booting process with the modem and router.
- Now open the web browser and type find.synology.com or you can also type the IP of the enclosure.
- Now you are into the DSM installation wizard.
- Walkthrough the steps to load the DSM installation steps and set up the accounts.
How to install DSM to find my Synology?
In this section, you will go through the steps to install the DSM on your find Synology by using Synology Assistant or web browser. But before installing the resolutions you need to keep some of the points in your mind.
- Ensure that the Synology NAS has been set up and the compatible drive at least one from 3.5 or 2.5 should be installed.
- Make sure that the NAS Synology power should be turned on.
- Moreover, ensure that your PC and the Synology device should be connected to the same local network to access the safe and secure internet connection.
These are the points that need to be taken care of while installing the DSM to find my Synology. Well, in the next step you will find two absolute options to install the DSM by using different mentors.
Method 1: Installation by using Synology Web Assistant
Check out the steps to install the Synology web assistant by using the internet browser.
- Initially, you need to open a safe internet browser on your PC or laptop.
- Into the address bar, enter find.synology, or you can also type find.synology.com 5000 (used for MAC devices).
- When the web assistant of the Synology device has been launched then open the computer device and start searching for the Synology device in your local network.
- The status will show that the device has not been installed yet.
- For that, click on the connect button, and the installation process of the DSM will begin to continue the setup of the Synology.
This is it. The installation of the DSM by using the web assistant is completed now in just a few minutes.
Method 2: Installation with desktop utility by using Synology assistant
By using the Synology assistant, install the DSM in just a few minutes.
- Primarily, you need to go to the Synology download center.
- After that, click on the desktop utilities.
- When you click on the desktop utility then, simply click on the Synology assistant to install or download the Synology assistant desktop utility.
- Afterward, launch the Synology assistant when it is installed completely.
- When you launch the software then it will begin searching for the available Synology devices on the local network.
- Now find out the device and make sure the status should be “ Not Installed.” When you see it, double click on it.
- Therefore, click the check box to read the Synology end user license agreement and confirm the conditions.
- Thus, a web browser will automatically open and the steps will be completed in the web assistant.
- Hence, follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process
So this is how to install the DSM resolutions and you can clearly see that you have two options. You can select any of them which you find convenient.
After installing and setting up the Synology, now you need to sign into the DSM internet browser on your computer device. As you have already read that there are two methods to set up the drive and the same tag also applies to the login procedure. After setup, you have two options to log in to find my Synology. It depends on what option you would choose. Apart from this, we’ll help you to log in with both the methods and here are the steps.
- Ensure that the PC is connected to the same network so that Synology NAS can access the internet connection.
- Thereafter, open the internet browser into your wifi client device and visit find.synology.nas.
- When the web assistant will find the Synology drive then it will automatically connect to the local network.
- Thereafter it will redirect you to the login screen.
- Simply enter the server name that you have required.
- Also, type the username and password.
- Thus, these are all administrator credentials. So be sure to enter it all the time when you log in via web browser.
- This is how it will ask for some references from which you can disable/enable find.synology.com.
Log in by using the IP address or the server name
- Prominently, ensure that the PC is securely connected to the same network in which your Synology NAS is connected to access the internet connection.
- After that, open the web browser on your PC and then type findsynology or http://Synology_Server_IP:5000 (on a MAC computer).
- In this process, the server name needs to be removed during the initial procedure of the setup of the Synology.
- Thereafter set up the administrator details and enter the username and password.
- Lastly, click on the sign-in button.
- To make sure that you won’t be interrupted and run the DSM smoothly, use Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, or any safe browser.
Thus, the login of the Synology NAS drive has been installed successfully.
Find.synology.com no diskstation found! What can I do?
Well, it becomes one of the common errors for all the users of the Synology device. Are you also having trouble connecting the Synology with the new network? Don’t Fret about it, you are in the right place. To be honest, our resolving tips aren’t counted under new creations but if you do according to our mentioned steps then you won’t put yourself into any kind of trouble. We have different solutions you can try which suit your situation.
Solution 1: Synology NAS Reboot
Here are the steps to reboot the Synology device.
- First of all, unplug the switch and then turn off the Synology NAS power button.
- While turning off the Synology device then it will turn off the computer or any operating system.
- After turning off the Synology NAS, press the power button steadily until it starts producing a beep sound.
- If you do so then the Synology NAS will turn off along with its operating system.
- In order to restart the device, plug the power switch into the wall jack or you can also press the power button to turn on the device.
Solution 2: You can connect the Synology to a Network storage device
- First of all, turn ON the Network Attached Storage Device.
- Afterward, you need to wait until the device completes its rebooting procedure.
- Once the booting is completed then it will turn ON.
- Open the safe internet browser and enter find my Synology into the search bar.
- You can also enter diskstation:5000 in its address bar.
- There it will prompt you to the configuration wizard of the Synology NAS.
Solution 3: Connect more devices to the Synology network
- If you want to access the Synology router, then you need to make sure that the Synology NAS should be properly connected to the local network.
- After that, when you use find.synology.com then it will start showing you the outputs.
- In that way, you can try to place the drive closer to the Synology and then reconnect the connection.
- Make sure that the Synology router and the device should be appropriately connected to each other either via wifi connection or network cables.
- On the other hand, faulty cables or ports can make feeble contact. In that case, you can use another cable or port to connect with each other.
- Lastly, it is recommended for direct connection when the hubs and switches fail to connect to the network.
If you do so then the placements of the Synology router and the device then make sure to plug into the Network-attached storage drives as well. If these attempts will fail then you can also install the software
Solution 4: Via Synology web assistant
In case the Synology web browser doesn’t work then you can try this one. The Synology assistant not only assists you to make the connection but also helps you to manage the NAS units on the same local network.
- Reopen the website of the Synology NAS device.
- Afterward, select the model of your Synology NAS drive.
- In the next step, install the software of the Synology Assistant.
- Once the software has been installed then run the software into your PC.
- Enable the permission to search for the network.
- When the network has been found then right-click to choose and to connect to the local network
When it is done, then launch the configuration wizard of the Synology router. If you want to leave this wizard by chance without even completing the steps then you have an option in which you can simply log into the Diskstation manager.
What should I do my find.synology.com doesn’t work?
It usually doesn’t work when you might be experiencing connection problems while accessing the Synology NAS on your local network connection. So here are the resolutions that you might need to take in such a certain situation.
Resolution 1: Check the power LED indicator status
When the find my Synology does not work then the first thing you need to do is to check the power LED indicator.
- When the power LED indicator is off then it means that your device is off. So you need to boot up the Synology NAS in that situation. If you are unable to boot up the device then there might be an issue with the adapter, power, or any other hardware issues
- When the power LED indicator is flashing it means that the power of the device is sometimes on or sometimes off. To resolve this, you need to wait for an hour before you connect to another device. In case, the power LED keeps flashing then simply unplug the Synology NAS and they retry to connect to it.
- When the power LED indicator is on then it states that the device is powered on. If you are still failing to access the network then there might be any different issues. You can read other troubleshooting resolutions for that.
Resolution 2: Verify the connection with the local network
- Primarily, you need to be sure that the LAN ports’ LED indicators on the Synology device are flashing perfectly.
- Also, make sure that the LED indicator of the router and the modem are flashing properly.
- You can also run the PING command to verify the connectivity between the Synology NAS and your PC.
- After that find the Synology either by using the web assistant or Synology assistant.
- Therefore, you will easily check the “Not Installed”, “Configuration lost/Migratable”, “Ready”, “Connection failed”
If there is any issue you can press the reset button for a few minutes and when it will emerge a beep sound then steadily leave the power button. Thus the Synology NAS has been reset completely. Besides, you can also try these functions when find.synology.com not working on mac.
Where’s my quick connect id for find.synology.com?
Synology QuickConnect is a facility that allows you to easily connect to the Diskstation by using the Synology account from Internet access. For those users who want to remotely access the Diskstation without owning the dynamic DNS or the configuring port then you can use the QuickConnect. So here are the steps to connect to the QuickConnect ID to find my Synology.
- First of all, go to the DSM section and select the ‘control panel’ and click on the ‘Network’ button.
- When you click on the network button then you will see the tab of ‘QuickConnect.’
- Now open the ‘SynoCommunity website’ and click on the products and choose your product line.
- There you will see the information of your Synology model.
- After that, visit ‘Network Neighborhood’ and then you will see the tab ‘QuickConnectID:xxxxxxx-xxxx’ ID.
- Well, the chain of numbers is your Synology NAS ID. In case these details are not mentioned in the network neighborhood then you can check on the network card.
- Also, make sure that the settings of the network card are not disabled in the settings of the control panel.
- Then register the Synology NAS portal and follow the on-screen instructions.
So these are the steps that will help you to find your QuickConnect ID. In case of any help ask the Synology NAS assistance. They’ll be glad to assist you.