How hard reset LG Velvet? Factory reset LG Velvet
Want to format or hard reset LG Velvet? You are in the perfect place. After going through this whole article you will be able to do this without stuck anywhere.
There are 2 options available to reset the LG Velvet phone. One is through the settings option and another one is through recovery mode means using the power button + volume down button. In this tutorial article, we have explained both methods for your people and step by step guide provided wisely.
Why factory/hard reset LG Velvet?
Sometimes you may have a hassle with your LG Velvet smartphone which you can’t figure out. It may be irritating as you seek through apps and programs without proper knowledge of it. If this type of hassle persists, one accessible manner is to prompt manufacturing unit reset, to be able to go back your smartphone or tool to its authentic or original state.
While resetting it doesn’t damage your smartphone. There can be many other reasons to master/hard reset your smartphone. Like you are selling it so you need to erase all the data. You forgot the password or screen lock so you have to erase data using a hard reset.
Your phone’s system software crashed or hanged which can be one more reason to master reset LG Velvet. Here, below we have given both 2 methods to hard reset LG Velvet.
LG Velvet hard reset from the settings menu
Before using this method you need to take backup of all important data either into cloud storage or Laptop, SD card, hard drive, or pen drive. After a factory reset, you will lose all data files which you have added manually to your phone. As an example media files like images, videos, and Gifs, manually installed applications, and many other things.
- Access and open the settings menu of the LG Velvet phone.
- Scroll down and tap on the “System” option on the bottom to continue.
- You will see a dropdown menu with the name “Advanced option“. Tap on it to continue. Now, you will find the dropdown menu is extended.
- Tap on “Reset options” which will allow you to reset your LG velvet phone.
- Now, on the screen, you will see options like “Erase all data (factory reset)” or simply “Factory data reset”. Tap on it will take you to the next step.
- You will see a confirmation message on the screen read it carefully before pressing the “Reset phone” button. Tap on the Reset phone button.
- There will be another pop-up prompted on the screen to read instructions carefully again and press the “Erase everything button“. If required then enter your device’s password and authenticate it.
- After few minutes your phone will be restart which inbuilt system software and apps. I hope your device will work fine at this moment.
Hard reset using recovery mode
There is better if we have multiple options to perform any work or operation. So, if one doesn’t work properly then we can go for another option and the same thing happen here.
While using the recovery method to reset LG Velvet, You don’t need to worry about data stored in the SD card. So, let’s follow the below steps to use the recovery method.
- Firstly turn off your LG Velvet phone with a long press of the power button.
- In the second step, we have to open LG velvet into the recovery mode and to do this press the power button + volume down button together.
- After some time LG logo will appear on the screen. Now, hold the volume down button key and release the power button key and press it again.
- Release all the holding keys when you will show the “factory data reset” section on the screen.
- Now, you will use the volume up and down key to go up and down. To select anything you have to use the power button key. Move on the “Yes” option using the volume key and press it using the “Power button“.
- Wait for 5 to 10 minutes and your phone will restart automatically again. Well, you have reset your phone using the factory reset method.
Conclusion and warnings
To reset LG Velvet using recovery mode or from the settings menu is not harmful to the hardware and software of the device. Obviously, you will lose your all data while performing this operation. So, don’t forget to take a backup of your important data.
Also Get- How to reset LG k22?