How to factory reset LG V60? Hard reset LG v60
It might happen that you have downloaded unsecured software or apps on your device LG V60. So, it is hanging, working slow, or some error occurred then you need to factory/master reset LG V60.
Due to some reason you need to delete all data which is inside the internal storage of your device LG V60 then you don’t need to delete one by one. You can delete the whole storage system except system software by using a hard reset.
This article is a simple tutorial to hard reset LG V60. Follow each step wisely and you will be done.
Things to do before master/factory reset LG V60
Sometimes it happens that you have deleted all the data and after it surprisingly things come into your mind that you have deleted some important data. This data loss can be very harmful to you. So, before you factory reset you must have to take some actions. Before master reset LG V60 ask one single question to yourself.
Do you have important data in your phone’s internal memory or SD card? Your answer is No, you can continue factory reset your device and if the answer is “Yes” then you must have to take a backup of all the data. In the market, there are many apps available that provide you free limited backup storage free.
You can use it. If you need more storage for backup then you must have to pay for it. There is another free option to backup your data. You can backup your whole data into your laptop devices, hard drives, pen drives, and SD card. According to our opinion, Google drive is the best backup app.
You will get free cloud storage up to 15 GB per account. Furthermore, you can connect it directly to your phone and back up the whole data with a single click.
Here, we have written 2 methods to factory reset LG V60 Device and step by step guide given.
Factory reset from the settings menu
Have you taken a backup of important data? In this action, you will lose all data stored in Internal memory and SD card. So, remove the SD card before you perform this operation if it has some data.
- Open the settings menu in LG V60 ThinQ 5G phone.
- Now, scroll down in the settings menu, you will find the “System” Section at the bottom. Tap on it to continue.
- You will see now a dropdown menu with the “Advanced” option. tap on it and next to continue select “Reset options“.
- Here, you will find the last option of “Erase all data (factory reset)” or simply “Factory data reset”. Click on it and continue.
- On your screen, you will get the first confirmation message which tells you that your data which is in internal storage or SD card will be deleted and data that is in cloud storage like Dropbox and Google drive will not be deleted. Now, click on “Reset phone“.
- Now, you will get a second confirmation message. Tap on “Erase everything” to continue with it.
- At last, it can be required to enter your password or draw a pattern to master reset LG V6 ThinQ 5G device.
- Finally, you have done it and in a few minutes, your phone will be factory reset and restart automatically again with only inbuilt system software and system apps.
Factory reset using Power Button + Volume button
Your phone is hanged and you are not able to open anything into it then you can’t open the settings menu and you can’t use the above method. Overall, when the above method will not work to do a factory reset then you should try this method once.
Moreover, in the above method, you can lose your whole data is in an SD card with internal storage data but in this method, you will lose only data that is into the internal storage of your phone.
- Turn off your device LG V60 [email protected] 5G by long press of the power button.
- Now, you have to press the Power button + volume down button together to open your phone into recovery mode.
- You will see the LG logo on the screen after some time, then release the power button and push again. Make sure you have continuously pressed the volume down button while releasing the power button and pushing it again.
- Now, you have to use the volume up and down button to go up and down. TO select anything you have to press the power button. On your screen “Factory data reset” section appears and you have to click on yes using the power button.
- You will see warning prompted on the screen like “Erase all user data and restore default settings”. Again, press “Yes” using the power button.
- Wait for few moments and your device will automatically open into recovery mode. Now, you have lost your worst data and recovers your device.
Conclusion and Warnings
Master/factory reset is inbuilt operation into the LG V60 ThinQ 5g so that it’s totally safe. It will not harm your device’s hardware or software system but you lose data.
You can use any method from the above which is suitable for you people.
Also Get- How hard reset LG Velvet?