how to reset Acer Swift 1 laptop
Acer is one of the best companies for computer hardware but that does not mean the product of Acer never creates trouble. Are you also struggling with some issues with the Acer Swift 1 laptop? Well, we have covered some major problems and their solutions in this article. Here, you will get guidance about some fixes and reset Acer Swift 1 laptop.
battery reset Acer Swift 1 laptop
This is the simple solution to every normal problem in the Acer Swift 1 laptop.
- power off your laptop your Acer Swift 1 laptop.
- Disconnect the power adapter cable from the laptop. Also, disconnect the hard drive and any other external devices which are connected to your laptop. Furthermore, remove the battery from the backside battery compartment.
- Now, for 30 to 40 seconds press and hold the power button, then let go of it.
- During this time, your laptop will start and shut down.
- Replace the battery in the battery compartment and connect the charger.
- For the next 10 minutes, you don’t connect any external devices such as a hard drive and audio cable. As usual, press the power button to turn on the laptop.
This process is done by a simple soft reset of the Acer Swift 1 laptop. At below, there are other problems and solutions given checkout that if any works for you.
swift 1 won’t turn on
Some users of Acer swift 1 laptops are surprised that suddenly their Acer laptop cannot be turned on. Although this is a normal problem, its consequences may lead to data loss. There are many reasons for this problem, such as Virus attack or malware attack, software glitches, Hardware problems, and many similar reasons. Don’t worry we have written the proper solution for this problem. There are several solutions we have. In each step, we have given one solution.
- It might happen that you do not have used a laptop for a long time after you have put the laptop in sleep mode. So, it shut down fully.
- Now, In Acer Swift 1 laptop press the power button for 15 seconds which turns on your laptop again.
- When you overuse the Acer laptop, there is an inbuilt software it automatically shut down to prevent the overheating issue. So, You can wait till 15 to 20 minutes so that your laptop can be cool and try again to restart it.
- Sometimes the laptop is working fine but due to the black screen issue, you feel that the laptop is not turning on properly.
- So, figure out the problem if it is a black screen problem then in the next method we have given the solution. You can check the black screen issue if you can listen to the starting sound of your laptop.
- Many times Acer laptop does not start due to insufficient power supply from the battery. So, perform the battery reset operation is given in the above method.
- If your laptop is not starting due to any hardware failure then you should contact the Acer help desk.
acer swift 1 black screen
First, you need to check that what is the correct problem. It’s really a black screen issue or your device is not turning on due to a software system crash or hardware crash. So, connect your Acer Swift 1 laptop with the external monitor and turn on your laptop. If you can listen to the turn-on sound in the monitor and can see the laptop screen properly then this is the black screen issue. Follow our methods to overcome the black screen issue.
- In the first step, you should try the power reset or battery reset to remove the black screen. We have already explained the steps in the above first method.
- Here is the second solution to remove the black screen.
- Disconnect all the connected devices with the Acer Swift 1 laptop and turn on the laptop. Once you see the logo of the Acer on the laptop screen, press F2, F9, F10, and Enter on the laptop keyboard.
- Now, on the screen select Exit, and after that yes. (Exit -> Yes). Now, press the enter once for the exit.
- From the monitor screen, you can scan the whole Acer laptop to check if there is any malware or virus inside the laptop.
- Also, Update the graphics driver of the laptop from the monitor screen.
- At last, you can remove the issue of the black screen using the bios reset.
Factory reset Swift 1 laptop
If you found other problems, or are not able to solve the above problems using the given methods in the above section then you have the last option to remove all the glitches is the factory reset Acer Swift 1 laptop.
- First, you need to press the power button and Turn your Acer laptop on. If the laptop is already on then turn it off and turn it on again.
- Now, Press Alt + F10 when starting up when you see the Acer logo on the screen. Please wait, the “Choose an option” screen will appear.
- At the moment, select the “Troubleshoot” option and click “Reset this pc” to continue the hard reset laptop process.
- Finally, click the “Restart” button on the laptop screen to start the process. Wait for the restart process to complete.
This is the easiest method to factory reset any Acer laptop from the Bios or recovery option. However, there are other 3 to 4 methods to factory reset Acer swift 1 laptop but You have to perform it from the laptop screen. While you are facing a black screen issue then you can’t use those methods.
Conclusion and warnings
When you perform a battery reset operation, you will not lose any data from the laptop. If you can’t solve the problem using the battery reset or soft reset then you must have to factory reset the Acer laptop and after you will lose all the data. So, be ready by taking up the backup of important data.