In this article, we will know that how to reset Apple Watch Series 3? But before this, we will know about the features of this device,
If you want to buy a fitness tracker which also measures your heart rate. Then the Apple watch series 3 will be the best choice for you. If your heart rate goes down or goes up then this fitness tracker will directly send you a notification about your heart rate. If you love listening to music and podcasts. Then this watch will be very helpful for you. You can store many songs and podcasts in the Apple watch series 3 as well.
You can connect the Apple watch series 3 with your iPhone. This fitness tracker also has the facility of Bluetooth connection. Wi-Fi connection is also available in this smartwatch. If you like to do the workout. This smartwatch also has the function to detect new workouts for you. The Apple watch series 3 also has the function of a walkie-talkie. When you will use this function then you will easily able to pick up and make calls. You can also send messages with the help of Apple watch series 3.
Why do we need to reset the Apple Watch Series 3?
There are so many issues that can be solved by resetting the Apple watch. In case, sometimes we forget our passcode due to some reason. If we are facing some technical problems in our Apple watch series 3. These problems include hanging of the watch, working very slow. We may also face issues like our watch turns on and turns off automatically. This can happen when our watch falls by mistake. When we reset our Apple watch series 3 these all issues get fixed.
We have to also reset our Apple watch series 3 when it needs to clean all its data. We do this when we have to give our Apple watch series 3 to some other person. If we want to sell our watch then in this situation also, we need to clear all of our data. As we that when we reset an Apple watch series 3 then all data gets automatically cleared. So, when there will be a need to clear all the data which was installed by us there is a very easy method. This method is to reset the smartwatch.
What changes happen after we reset Apple watch series 3?
When we will reset our Apple watch series 3 then it will remove all the data. Once the watch will finish the reset process, after that we will see that our watch has become empty. After resetting our watch music, photos, messages, and every other thing will be lost. Now, let’s come to settings and connectivity. We will have to again connect our Apple watch series 3 with our iPhone by pairing it again with Bluetooth.
Settings that we had done in past will also be changed to default. If we want to change the settings again then we can do that.
In case we do not want to remove our data and other important things. Then we must have to backup all of these data on our iPhone before resetting our Apple watch series 3. If we will do this then once the reset will finish after that we will be able to easily reinstall all the data on our watch. We will have to just connect our Apple watch to our iPhone.
How to reset Apple watch series 3?
Follow the given procedure properly to learn to reset your Apple watch series 3:
- We can directly reset our Apple watch series 3 with the help of our iPhone.
- First of all, we have to install the App available for Apple watch series 3 on our iPhone. (It is available on Appstore)
- Once, we have downloaded the App on our iPhone. Open the series 3 application.
- Now, when we will open the Apple watch series 3 App then we have to open the menu of “My watch”.
- By doing so, we will get an option for our watch, we have to just tap on it.
- Now we have to select the “exclamation” icon which will be on the right side of the image of Apple watch series 3.
- Then we will get an option “unlink watch”, you have to tap on it and then confirm it by selecting yes.
- After we will do the confirmation, you will have to give our Apple watch series 3 passcode.
- When we will complete all steps properly then the process of reset will complete and it will erase all of our data.
- A backup will be created before removing all the important data on our iPhone. This will help us to reinstall all of our data to our Apple watch series 3.
How to reset Apple watch series 3 without paired Phone?
If we want to reset our Apple watch series 5 but we do not have our iPhone with us. In this case, we must know the process to restore Apple series 3 without paired Phone. If you don’t know how to do it then just follow the given steps:
- First of all, we have to check our Apple watch series 5 battery is enough to perform the process or not. If the battery of our Apple watch series 5 is not enough then we have to plug in the charger.
- Now we have to find the power button given on our watch.
- Once we will get the side button, we have to hold it and then press it for 2 to 3 seconds.
- When we will get the shutdown screen, we have to press the button given for “shutdown” at least for 5 seconds.
- After that, we will see the option for “erase all content and settings”. Just choose this option.
- After this step will complete then our Apple watch series 5 will start the reset process.
- Once the process will complete, our Apple watch will reboot and will take few minutes to restore its default settings.
- Now we can easily link our account again and also restore the data through the backup.
How to reset Apple watch series 3 without passcode?
If you have to give your Apple watch series 3 to your friend. If you want to sell your watch to someone. In these situations, you need to clear all of your personal data from Apple watch series 3. You also have to remove your account from the watch, because the other person has to set up his/her new account on the watch. But, because of some reason you don’t have your password through which you have to reset your Apple watch series 3. Now, how to reset Apple watch series 3 without passcode?
Just read the procedure given below if you want to reset your Apple watch series 3 without passcode:
- You have to first check your Apple watch’s battery, if the battery of your Apple watch series 3 is not enough then plug in the charger.
- Now there is a power button given on your watch, just find it.
- Once you will get the side button, you have to hold it and then press it for several seconds.
- When you will get the shutdown screen, you have to press the button given for “shut down” for 5 to 6 seconds.
- After that, you will see the option for “erase all content and settings”. You have to just press it.
- Once this step will complete then your Apple watch series 3 will start the reset process.
- After the process will complete your Apple watch will reboot and will take few minutes to restore its default settings.
- When you will complete this process after that you can easily access to your Apple watch series 3.
How to reset Apple watch series 3 password?
When you try to open your Apple watch series 3 by typing the unlock password. But due to mistake you type a wrong password. In this situation your Apple watch series 3 gets locked. This also happens when you forget your passcode and try to put any passcode randomly.
Now, in these types of situations, you can only do one thing to get access to Apple series 3 watch. This thing is to reset Apple watch series password. But how to do it when your Apple watch series 3 is locked? To know you have to read the given procedure carefully:
- You have to find the side button on the watch.
- After finding it, you need to hold it for few seconds. When you will see the “power off” option after that release the button.
- Now you have to hold the power off option and tap on it for 4 to 5 seconds.
- When you will complete this then you will have the option to erase all contents and reset your Apple watch series 3.
- Just select this option and wait for several minutes your process will complete.
- After this you will be completely able to access your Apple watch. You only need to link your account again in the watch. Once you will link your account again then you can create a new password for your watch.
How to reset Apple watch series 3 too many passcode attempts?
When you try to reset your Apple watch series 3. At the time when it asks for passcode and when you type the passcode you get a prompt of “too many passcode attempts”. So, now how to reset Apple watch series 3 too many passcode attempts? Here, in the article you will learn to reset your Apple watch series 3 when it says too many passcode attempts.
Just you have to follow the process given below properly:
- Before starting this process, you have to keep the iPhone in which the Apple watch is present and your smartwatch together. This should be done until the process completes.
- Now, you have to start the Apple watch series 3 app on your iPhone.
- After opening the app, you will see an option for “My Watch”. You have to open this menu by pressing on it.
- In the menu of My Watch, you have to locate the option for “general”. Once you will get this menu, you have to open it.
- Now, in the “general settings” menu you have to find and select the “reset” option by clicking on it.
- In the reset menu you have to tap on the “erase content and settings”.
- Then you will get a confirmation notification. Just confirm it by choosing yes.
- Now you have to wait for 4 to 5 minutes after that the process will complete.
- After the completion of the process, you can easily configure and set your Apple watch series 3 again.