Ecobee is a Canadian home automation company that produces smart thermostats, temperature sensors, presence detectors, smart cameras, smart light switches, contact sensors, and smart cameras. Provide a wide range of Ecobee thermostats to bring you a comfortable home experience. You can control them. The smart thermostat can be used via the integrated touch screen, web portal, or app for Android and iOS devices.
If you reset Ecobee thermostat to factory settings, all saved settings and preferences will be deleted. In addition, all stored information related to registration will be deleted from the device. Now you can see how to reset the registry, schedule and reset everything here
How to reboot Ecobee Thermostat
If the problem encountered in the Ecobee Thermostat then there are few available options to resolve it. Soft reset or reboot is also one out of them. To acquire success in solving the issue in Ecobee Thermostat follow over steps.
- Locate the main button and push and hold it to reboot the Ecobee Thermostat.
- Don’t release the main button. Hold it for five seconds.
- Voice will be prompted like “Restart device“. Now, you can release the main button which you have hold in the second step.
- To restart the Ecobee Thermostat press the main button only once. In no time, it will restart and you have to reboot the system.
How to reset Ecobee Thermostat password
There are 2 ways to reset an ecobee Thermostat password. Even though, both are easy you can use any of them.
- At the first, we will reset the password from the official website of Ecobee. So, click on the given link of Ecobee.com and go to the site of ecobee.
- Now, click on the sign-in option at the top right corner and choose Sign in to your account from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the Forgot password option below the password option into the login form.
- Now, you will be redirected to forgot password page where you have to enter the email address through which you have registered at Ecobee. Click on submit button now.
- You will get a confirmation email on your registered email account. Confirm the mail by clicking the link given in the email.
- When you click on the link given in the email you will go on the change password page. Here, enter your new password and re-enter the password in the confirm password box for verification.
- Yeah, you have successfully changed the password of the Ecobee account and Ecobee thermostat.
Moreover, you can change the password of the Ecobee Thermostat via the Ecobee app. For that go on the Ecobee app and log out if you already sign in. You have to proceed with 3rd step from the above ones while you log in again into the app.
This is all thing which we have done to reset Ecobee Thermostat. I have explained that what you need to do when you forgot the password and what you need to do if a problem occurs. Simple, reset it by rebooting the Ecobee Thermostat.