How to reset JBL soundbar?
In this article, we will know that how to reset JBL soundbar? Before knowing this, we must know about the features of this device, The soundbars which are manufactured by the brand JBL are one of the best soundbars all around the world. You can get both wire and wireless connection features with this soundbar. If you want a soundbar with woofers then you should purchase these soundbars.
The JBL soundbars contains 4 woofers with them. If you will buy these soundbars then by using them you can get the experience of cinema hall sound quality in your home. The JBL soundbar also have the feature of Dolby Audio.
The subwoofers which we get with these soundbars come with built in facility.
Because of these we do not need to connect these subwoofers with other sources. Now, let’s come to some controlling and configuration. So, we also get a remote with it. With the help of this remote we can easily control our JBL soundbar. We can do this very easily while sitting and sleeping also.
Why do we need to reset the JBL soundbar?
There are so many reasons that happen with not only JBL but almost every soundbar. As we know that JBL soundbar is one of the best one available in the market. But it is also a device. And there is no device that does not have any error or issue. Every device gets some issues sometimes. So, in the JBL soundbar also there are some technical as well as hardware issues.
So, whenever we use our JBL soundbar after a long time. We face problems related to switching on the device. The JBL soundbar not switches on sometimes. Or when it turns on then also the sound does not come. So, we can say that the soundbar stops working the same as it used to work before. Now to fix this type of technical issue we have to reset the JBL soundbar.
Sometimes we also face problems related to the connectivity of the JBL soundbar with our television or desktop. This happens when we try to connect the soundbar with our television or other devices through Bluetooth. When we try connect it then it does not show the option of the JBL soundbar in the paired device list. So, because of this, we are not able to use the soundbars through Bluetooth connectivity. One more other reason also could be of subwoofers. Sometimes we are not able to get the audio from subwoofers also. So, if we want to fix all of these problems then we can try to reset the JBL soundbar.
What changes occurs after resetting the JBL soundbar?
When we reset the JBL soundbar to factory settings. After that we let our soundbar restore all its settings to default. Once we will reset the JBL soundbar that it gets disconnected to all the devices with which we paired it previously. The subwoofers provided with the soundbar also get disconnected from the television or mobile phone.
So, now if we want to use the JBL subwoofer again. Then we have to again connect it and the subwoofers with our television or mobile phones. We can do it directly by pairing it again through Bluetooth.
How to reset JBL soundbar?
If you want to know the process through which you can reset the JBL soundbar. Then you have to follow the steps given below properly:
This process will take a few minutes.
- First of all, you have to turn on your JBL soundbar. You can turn on the soundbar with the help of the remote given with your soundbar.
- Once you will open the JBL soundbar. After that you have to change the HDMI source. You can do this by disconnecting your JBL soundbar from the television or mobile phone. You just have to unpair the soundbar.
- Now, you have to find the button called “source button” given on the JBL soundbar.
- Once you will get the source button and the power button on the JBL soundbar.
- After that, you have to hold the source and power button and then press them together for more than 15 to 20 seconds. (Make sure that they are pressed at same time)
- Once you will start to do this then you will see on the small screen provided on the soundbar that “reset”.
- After pressing both the Power button and the source button for more than 15 to 20 seconds the screen will stop showing you the “reset” on it.
- When this will be done then your JBL soundbar will reset to its factory settings.
How to update the JBL firmware?
If the JBL soundbar you are using needs the update of its firmware. But you do not know that how to update the JBL firmware? Once you will update the JBL soundbar then it will improve the compatibility of the HDMI with your mobile phone or television.
So, to know this process just follow the steps given below properly:
- Before updating the firmware of the JBL soundbar. You have to reset your soundbar.
- To reset the JBL soundbar you have to hold the source button and power button given on the JBL soundbar and then press them together for more than 15 to 20 seconds.
- Once, the JBL soundbar will reset. After that, you have to take a USB drive.
- Now, after taking that USB drive you have to put the drive inside the JBL soundbar.
- Once you will do this, then you have to find the “volume less” button given on the soundbar.
- Now, you have to hold the volume less and power button together at the same time. Then press them for at least 8 to 12 seconds.
- Once you will do this then the firmware update process of the JBL soundbar will start.
- While this process will start at that time you will see that the JBL soundbar display is showing the word “updating”.
- Now, you have to wait until the display will stop showing the “updating” word.
- Once the display will remove the “updating” word. Then the process to update the JBL firmware will complete.
After this process will over then your JBL soundbar will restart. Now to check the completion of this process you have to check the version of the JBL soundbar.
JBL soundbar Wi-Fi setup
If you have a smart TV that supports Wi-Fi connectivity. Then you do not need any wires to connect the JBL soundbar with your television. The brand new JBL soundbar also have the option of connectivity through the Wi-Fi. You can also connect your mobile phone and desktop with the JBL soundbar through the Wi-Fi. To do this process you will need to have a Wi-Fi connection in your home.
If you do not know the setup of W-Fi to connect the JBL soundbar. Then to know this process you have to read the following procedure given below:
- You have to power on the JBL soundbar first. To do this just press the button given for power on.
- Now, you have to check the display screen of your JBL soundbar. When you will see that it is showing “setup Wi-Fi” then you have to start the next process.
- After this, you have to take your mobile phone. Then you have to go to the settings of Wi-Fi.
- Now, you have to open the “connected device” tab on your mobile phone. Then you have to add the JBL soundbar to the list of connected devices of your mobile phone.
- Once you will do this then you have to download the “Google home app” on your mobile phone. You will get this application on the Google play store for android and Appstore for iPhone users.
- Now you have to connect the Wi-Fi network of your home with the Wi-Fi network of your mobile phone. You have to do this by using the Google home app.
- Once you will do this process. After that, you can easily setup the JBL soundbar through Wi-Fi.
- You just have to follow the Google home app instructions.
- Once you will do all these steps properly then the JBL soundbar will get connected through the Wi-Fi.
JBL soundbar won’t connect to Bluetooth
Sometimes when you try to connect the JBL soundbar with your television or mobile phone through Bluetooth. Then it does not connect due to some connection error. This happens when we reset the JBL soundbar to factory settings. When we do this then the JBL soundbar gets unpaired from all the devices with which it was paired previously.
So, due to this problem. When we try to connect the JBL soundbar with our TV or mobile phone it won’t connects. Now to fix this problem you have to just follow the steps given below:
This process is for pairing the JBL soundbar with your mobile phone
- You have to open your mobile phone and then go to the settings.
- Now in the menu of “settings” you have to open the option of “connection settings”.
- Once you will open the connection settings. You will see that there is an option for “Bluetooth connection”. Just open this by tapping on it.
- Now, when you will open the “Bluetooth connections” menu. Then you have to go to the menu of connected devices.
- After doing this you will open the JBL soundbar and press its Bluetooth connectivity button.
- Now, on your mobile where you have opened the Bluetooth settings, you have to tap on the option showing for the JBL soundbar.
- Once you will choose the name of the JBL soundbar. The process of pairing the JBL soundbar with your mobile phone will start.
- Now, you have to wait for at least 25 to 30 seconds. After this the JBL soundbar will get paired with your mobile phone.
Once, the pairing of these devices will complete. Then you will be again able to connect the JBL soundbar with your mobile phone through the wireless mode of Bluetooth.