The MAC address is an abbreviation of the media access control address. It is a unique identifier that is only assigned to a network interface controller. You can use it as a network address in transmissions within a network element.
The use of the MAC address is common in most standard IEEE 802 networking technologies, including Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and Bluetooth. You can not use the wifi network if your router MAC address is excluded.
On the other hand, the Netgear extender allows you to extend the internet signal of your home main router. You can use the network services of the extender very easily. With the Netgear Wi-Fi range extender, you can make sure that you obtain a robust wireless internet signal on your savvy device in any corner of your house.
Besides this, the features of the Netgear Extender are it extends 2.4 & 5GHz WiFi up to 750Mbps & reduces interference; Simultaneous Dual-Band WiFi, and is built-in the FastLane™ Technology. You can use it with the same WiFi SSID (network name).
If your Netgear Extender will not connect to the internet after the exclusion of the MAC address, you will follow the below-given steps to get a quick solution.
Wifi Access Setup With MAC Address Filters
Following are the steps given below to access the wifi with MAC address filters setup.
- In the beginning, you will connect your computer with your extender network.
- After this, open a browser interface and type routerlogin.net in the browser URL.
- Now, locate the web address of your Netgear router.
- While the Netgear device log in page appears on your computer screen, you will put all the login details to log in to it.
- Type the login username and Netgear default password.
- Click on the “log in” option and wait until it’s setup page does not appear on your PC.
- Also have to ensure that you already have a MAC address list for your devices that contains your mobile phones, laptop, tablets, as well as computer. You locate it only for a sake of demonstration.
- You will locate the MAC address for your desktop. Go into the wifi or network settings of your computer.
- After this, click on it and once it pops up a network list, just click on the view connection settings option.
- So, go into the Network & internet > wifi settings > choose your network name and wait for the wifi network properties to be demonstrated on your computer screen.
- It shows you an IP assignment, DNS server assignment, SSID, Protocol, Security type, manufacturer, description, Driver version, Network band, Network channel, Physical address or MAC address, etc.
Configure the MAC Address
- Now, you will go into the wireless option and click on the access control.
- After a while, it presents various MAC addresses on your computer screen.
- You will enable the MAC address which you want to share with the network and connect its network with your devices.
- Finally, you will connect your extender mywifiext.net again with your router network. Surely, it will connect to your router network.
Consequently, these are the following steps to solve the “My Netgear extender will not connect to the internet after MAC address exclusion”.