How to reset an iPad mini
We should reboot and restart every mobile or computer device regularly. When you perform a soft reset it will remove all the data from the volatile primary memory and help you to clear the cache. If you will not restart your device for a long time then cache data will increase and your device will become slow. More cache data can generate the virus and malware in your device. To remove this type of malware from the iPad device, you have a only single option to reset an iPad mini.
We come up with 2 methods to factory reset an iPad mini. Using the below 2 methods, you can reset your iPad mini in all situations.
Reset iPad mini without apple id
You can factory reset your iPad mini using the iCloud but it will ask you for the Apple id and password to log in to your Apple account. Here, we will use an inbuilt data reset option in the iPad mini. Make sure you have a password for iPad mini because here we have to access the settings menu from the device. If your iPad is locked then you can use the below methods and unlock your iPad.
- Don’t forget to connect the charge with the iPad mini. If the battery percentage is more than 50% then don’t need to connect the charger.
- If you want to take a backup of the data, you can take it to your local computer and iCloud if you have an Apple id and password.
- Now, log out from the iCloud and move to the Settings menu of the iPad mini.
- From the settings menu, you can navigate to the General -> reset menu.
- Here, choose the suitable option to delete all the data and settings. If you have a problem with particular settings then you should reset only that settings.
- The format process for your iPad mini is finished. Now, install the system and all apps again to use it continue. Also, you have to log in again to your iCloud account and set up all things.
Reset iPad mini with iTunes
When the iPad is not responding and stuck on the logo screen, then you should learn to reset the iPad mini when disabled. Also, the above method is not useful when you forgot the screen lock but iTunes provides you a feature to reset iPad mini without a password.
- First, power off the iPad mini using the side key.
- Now, turn on your computer and open the iTunes software. Don’t forget to check the version of the iTunes software. If it is not the latest then update it.
- Now, take a lightning USB cable and insert it into the USB port of the computer.
- On the iPad min, press the home button and connect it with the home button. Make sure you are holding the home button while connecting it with the cable.
- After, connecting both devices using a USB cable, you can release the home button.
- Check your computer screen, iTunes will detect your iPad in recovery mode. If it will take more than 10 minutes to detect your iPad mini, you should follow the above steps again carefully.
- On the computer screen, choose Erase data option.
Finally, after a couple of minutes, you will see that your iPad mini is rebooted and all data removed from that.