How to reset Android TV without remote
In this article, we are going to know the process to reset android tv without remote. As we all know that, whenever we use remote to operate our android television. Then there are chances of having some problem in a remote. This happens when we use the same remote for a long time or if it falls from our hands due to a mistake.
So, when the remote of our android TV gets old and has some issues with it. At this point, if we need to reset the Android TV, then we must know the process of resetting our android TV without a remote. If you don’t know the process to reset your tv without a remote. Then follow this article properly. Here you will be able to learn the process of resetting your android tv without a remote.
What is an android TV?
Like its name, we can say that this tv is based on the concept of android. These TVs also support the set-top box system as well as many types of media players. We can also connect soundbars with android TV. The specialty of android TV is that you can also watch content that is provided with the subscription of Netflix, amazon prime, etc.
So, if you are looking for a device through which you can watch all the content that you were watching on your android phone. Then android TV is the best source through which you can do this all on a very larger and widescreen than mobile phones. You can also download the apps on your android tv with the help of Appstore provided on it. If you like watching the videos provided on YouTube, then also it will be a good decision to buy android tv. Using this tv one can also watch videos that are on YouTube.
Now, we all are aware of the features and specialty of android tv. However, with these many features and specialties, the chances of getting issues related to work may increase. These issues can be solved after resetting the android tv. The list of issues that we may face are given beneath:
Reasons for resetting Android TV:
When we use our android tv for a long time. Then we face many issues related to it. There are lots of problems that are related to both software as well as hardware of android tv. Like when we use our android tv and experience that tv is hanging and not working properly.
There are many issues related to software that comes in front of us. Like working very slow of android television, hanging of android tv, etc. After our android tv gets old, then there are more chances of getting problems with its software. Due to problem in software, many of these hanging and working problems arises. So, to fix these problems we need to reset our android tv.
Not only issues that arise in android tv are related to software. There are also several problems that are related to the hardware system of android tv. Like when we turn on our android tv, but at the same time, it gets shut down without any command. Or without any command, it starts to change the channel or increase and decrease the volume.
Sometimes problems also arise with the speaker of the android tv. Like when we experience that the volume from the speaker is coming very slowly. This can happen to any of us. So, we must know the process of resetting the android tv. After we reset our android tv, then almost every one of these problems related to our android tv gets fixed.
There are some cases in which we have to reset android tv, which doesn’t have any issues with it. Like when we have to gift our android tv to any other person, or we have to sell it to anyone. At this point, also we have to reset our android tv.
What do we need to know before resetting Android TV?
There are several things that everyone needs to know before resetting their android TV. These are some of the very important things because any person who resets his/her android tv without knowing these things may face problems in the future after completing the resetting process.
So, after we finish the process of resetting and our android tv gets reset completely. Then all the important files and documents get removed from the device permanently. For example, if we had stored music files or videos on our android tv, then these audio, as well as video files, will get erased permanently. We will not be able to access them without downloading them again.
When we used to open applications like Netflix, to watch our favorite web series or shows on our android tv. At that time, we had installed these applications. But after the completion of the reset process, all these apps will get uninstalled from our android tv. We will not be able to watch any content on our android tv, that we were doing before using these apps. So, if we will have to watch the web series and movies again. Then we will have to install these apps again on our android tv.
So, the information provided above was about apps and other files. But we will also lose the personalization and other settings created by us on this android tv. When we had first opened this device, at that time we had done changes in settings. So, the settings and personalization done by us previously will get erased.
These all were the important things that we needed to know before resetting our android TV. Now we are going to learn the process of resetting our android tv without a remote. The process to do so is provided below.
How to reset android tv without remote?
When the remote of our android TV gets old and has some issues with it. At this point, if we need to reset the Android TV, then we must know the process of resetting our android TV without a remote. If you don’t know the process to reset your tv without a remote. Then follow this article properly. Here you will be able to learn the process of resetting your android tv without a remote.
Steps for resetting android tv without remote:
- First of all, you have to remove the power supply from your android tv. To do this you have to find the power cable of your android tv.
- Once you will get the power cable of the android tv, then you have to remove the power cable from the socket of the electric connection.
- Now, after you will completely remove the supply of electricity from your android tv. Then you have to find the button used for turning on and turning off your tv and the volume low button provided on your android tv.
- When you will get both of these buttons, after that, you have to hold both of these buttons together and then press them at the same time for more than 10 to 20 seconds.
- So, while you are still holding both the buttons together, at the same time you have to again provide the supply of power to your android tv. To do this you just need to again connect the power cable of tv to the socket.
- Once your android tv will start to show the screen. At that time, when you will see the erasing screen. Then you have to release both the power button as well as the volume low button of your android tv.
- After you will see the erasing screen and release both the buttons. Then you have to wait for some time until the process of factory reset completes.
- When the process of factory reset will complete. Then you will see that your android tv will restart. Once your android tv will restart then you have to set-up again all the things same as you did it before.
So, this is the process of resetting android tv without a remote. If you will follow this process properly then the process to reset android tv without a remote will complete.
How to reset android TV remote?
When the remote of your android tv gets old or when it fell down from your hand due to a mistake. Then several problems also occur with our android tv remote. Like the remote unable to configure the tv or keys of remote don’t work. Sometimes connection problem also happens when we reset our android tv and start it again.
Now, to fix these problems. We can do one thing is to reset the android tv remote. To learn the process of resetting the remote of android tv. You will have to follow the process provided beneath in this article appropriately.
Steps for resetting android tv remote:
- The main reason behind the not working of remote can be due to old batteries in it. Or due to misplacing of battery when remote fall down.
- So, to repair the remote. First, you need to open the cover of the battery in the remote and then fix the place of the batteries properly.
- Once you will do this, then you need to check the remote by using it. If it will still not work then the batteries of the remote have gotten old.
- Now, to fix the problem you will have to buy new batteries that fix in the remote of your android tv. Then you need to fix those new batteries in the remote of the android tv.
- Once you will do this, then your remote will again start to work properly like it was working before.
Note: This process will only work when your remote does not have any broken parts or other problems. If your remote will not work after this process, then you will have to purchase a new remote.