How to reset Apple AirPods
Apple AirPods is no exception from technical products. Rather. the product can be as good as, it cannot avoid failure. Fortunately, many issues can be sorted out by rebooting or resetting the AirPods at your home by yourself instead of sending them for repair at the Apple store.
This operation hardly takes a few moments, and all steps are easy which is suitable for standard AirPods and AirPods Pro. In addition, it can also solve a variety of bugs in apple AirPods and AirPods pro, from not charging any single or both earbuds to not connecting with the Bluetooth of mobile or laptop device. Here, you find steps to simple reset or factory reset Apple AirPods
Disconnect and remove AirPods from the all trusted device
Before you start the process, you have to remove the AirPods from all trusted devices. Simply, check all devices like iPhone and Mac, and remove the AirPods from the remembered device. You can simply follow our steps if you really don’t know how to remove it. It will help you to solve the connection issue.
- On the home screen of your iPhone, locate the Settings menu and tap on it.
- Here, you have to Choose a Bluetooth option to enter in the Bluetooth settings.
- In the Bluetooth menu, you will see a list of the trusted device or all previously connected devices.
- Check if AirPods is available in the list or not.
- If you find AirPods, then click on the I icon to reset it.
- On the screen of your iPhone device, you will see a pop-up menu appears, simply click on the Forget this Device option.
- Now, click again to verify that you really want to remove the device.
If you have not connected previously AirPods with the device then you don’t need to follow this process and you can directly go to the below method. Once, you have forgotten the AirPods from the device, you can reconnect it and check that if it’s working or not.
Reset Apple AirPods
If the above method doesn’t work for you then you should factory reset the Apple AirPods. We have explained the factory reset process for the Apple AirPods in 6 easy simple steps.
- Now, we will reset the AirPods using the charging case only. So, charge the charging case of the AirPods up to 30% or more.
- Put both earbuds in the charging case and close the lid of the charging case.
- Now, wait for 40 to 50 seconds and open the lid of the charging case.
- Make sure you have not removed the AirPods from the charging case and the lid is still open.
- On the backside of the charging case, you will find a white and small set up button press and hold it.
- You have to hold the setup button until you will see the amber color light flash on the charging case.
Now, your Apple AirPods is ready to connect with any Bluetooth device again.
Summing up thoughts
It is not necessary to factory reset the AirPods every time when you found some glitch inside it. Sometimes normal bugs can be solved only by unpairing and pairing the AirPods from the Bluetooth device. You can try above both methods to reset the Apple AirPods one after another.