How to reset apple keyboard
If you are using an external mac keyboard on your computer then the computer determines which type of Keyboard you are using with the help of the keyboard Setup Wizard. If there is a problem when the Keyboard Setup Wizard can’t determine which keyboard to use, you have to reconnect the keyboard or reset Apple keyboard layout.
Reset Apple keyboard name
Are you curious to change the default name of your Apple keyboard after successfully connected it with your computer device? We will guide you here to change the name. However, you change the name or not, It doesn’t affect but you can change it for your self-satisfaction.
- First, you have to check that the Bluetooth icon is appearing in the menu of your computer and verify that the keyboard is connected successfully with the computer.
- Also, check that you have connected the Apple keyboard via Bluetooth, not using the USB cable.
- Now, press and hold the SHIFT + OPTION button together and do left-click on the Bluetooth icon on the screen of your computer.
- You will see other options on the Bluetooth menu but you have to choose the ‘Debugging‘ option and click on it.
- Here, you will find the ‘Factory Reset‘ option for all connected devices. Click on it and repair the keyboard.
- Now, the keyboard is being reset and you can change the name whatever you want on this step. Open the Bluetooth preferences and right-click on the paired keyboard. Here, you have to select the change name -> save the name.
- Now, you can check that your Apple keyboard is renamed successfully.
Reset Apple keyboard pin
Are you connecting the Apple keyboard with your computer for the first time? It will prompt here for the Pin or passkey then what will you enter? Each Apple keyboard device does not have a different pairing code but a new passkey is generated every time when you connect an Apple keyboard to the computer via Bluetooth connection.
Therefore, if you disconnect the Bluetooth keyboard from the computer, It will ask you to enter a new pin code before reconnecting the keyboard device to the computer.
- To turn off the Apple keyboard, press and hold the power button for 3 to 4 seconds.
- On your computer, open the Bluetooth preference, by clicking on the Bluetooth icon which you will find on the menu bar.
- Now, you have to turn on the keyboard by holding the power button but make sure you will not release the power button through the entire process. So, simply hold it until the full process completes.
- In the Bluetooth preference, you will see all connected devices. You have to select your Keyboard name and click on the continue button.
- Kindly confirm that you still hold down the power button.
- Once you see prompted menu asking for the passkey then you can let go of the power button. Here, you can find the pin in the Bluetooth menu of the device with you are connecting the Apple keyboard. Find the pin and enter it into the prompted menu. Press return after entering pin code.
- It will take few seconds to connect with another device.
- Every time when you reconnect the keyboard you will ask for the new pin and which you will find in the Bluetooth menu of the device.
If still, this method doesn’t work for you to reset the keyboard, you can check the problem via connecting it with the USB cable. Also, you can replace the battery and check again. The last option to repair your keyboard is that contact the customer support of Apple. They will guide you.