How to reset Bluetooth on windows 8
Sometimes, there will be abnormal or unwanted Bluetooth problems in Windows 10, 8, and Mac, iPhone, and Android. When users try to upgrade their operating system, there will be problems with Bluetooth devices and it shows Bluetooth device does not work.
Without Bluetooth, your device’s many connections can be suspended, such as headphones, mouse, and keyboard. So, you have to fix the Bluetooth issue in any device. You might face the issue such that the Bluetooth device is connecting and disconnecting again and again.
To solve this irritating problem, we have to reset Bluetooth on Windows 8,10, Android, and iPhone. For each particular device follow particular instructions from the given below methods.
Reset Bluetooth on windows 10, 8
The first method to resolve the issue of Bluetooth not working on windows 8, and 10 is to perform hardware and device trouble shooter.
- First, open the Start menu on Windows 8,10.
- Now, open the Control Panel on your computer.
- Here, you have to find the Hardware and Sound option and click on it.
- To solve the issue you have to run the Hardware and Device Trouble shooter and check your problem is solved or not.
If the above method doesn’t work for you then we can sort out the problem by restarting the Bluetooth services on Windows 10.
- Open the run dialogue box by pressing the Windows logo key + R. Now, type “Regedit“ in the dialogue box. You will see registry editor is opened on your device screen.
- Here, you have to locate and move to the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion“.
- Check for the current version and change the value from 6.3 to 6.2.
- Now, restart your computer and check the issue solved or not.
Another method to reset the Bluetooth in windows 10 is that update the Bluetooth driver.
- Open the device manager. (press windows + R key -> type ” devmgmt.msc” in run box).
- Here, expand the Bluetooth option.
- Now, you have to click on the Properties -> Driver option.
- It will show you if any driver update available and you have to click on the Update Drivers button.
- At last, tap on the Ok button and restart your computer device.
- We hope that this process works for your device.
Reset Bluetooth on Android
Some normal problems in the Android smartphone can be solved by restarting the phone. So, first, restart the phone and check that the Bluetooth device works properly or not. Otherwise, follow the below methods.
If you have connected a Bluetooth device to your phone before this then forgot the connection and reset it.
- First, open the Settings menu in your Android phone and navigate to Connected devices.
- Here, check the list of previously Connected Devices. If you found your device here then click on the gear icon which you find next to the name of the device to get details of the device.
- Here, Forgot the device and verify the pop-up message.
- Now, try to connect Bluetooth again. Maybe it works.
One of the best options to sort out the Bluetooth issue on the Android smartphone is to reset the Bluetooth device settings.
- First, open the Settings menu on your phone and navigate to the System option.
- Now, Expand the Advance option.
- Here, you will find reset options. You can reset Wi-fi, Bluetooth even if the whole smartphone. You have to choose Bluetooth.
- Click on the Reset Settings option and if prompted for the password then enter your screen lock for the verification purpose.
- It will delete all connected devices and you have to pair again your Bluetooth device to a smartphone.
For the last option, you can update the software system of your smartphone if any update available. It will definitely resolve your issue.
Reset Bluetooth on Mac
To fix the Bluetooth issue on the Mac is a very easy process. Let’s see below.
- First, bear down the Shift + options key on the Mac keyboard and hold it. While holding the keys click on the Bluetooth icon which you will find on the right side of the menu bar.
- Find the Debug submenu option and hover the mouse pointer on that to expand it.
- From Debug drop-down menu click on the reset Bluetooth module.
- At the last step, you have to restart your Mac computer.
So, this process doesn’t take more than a minute and you will be able to connect any Bluetooth device.
Reset Bluetooth in iPhone
We will reset the Bluetooth device in your iPhone from the settings menu which will delete all your previous connections and you have to connect the device again. So, if one device is interfering to connect another device then we can overcome it.
- On the home screen of the iPhone tap on the Gear icon to enter into the settings menu.
- Now, bear down and hold the power button + home button on your iPhone until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Now, from the settings menu turn on the Bluetooth in your iPhone and try to reconnect it.
- If it’s still unable to connect then forgot the device from Bluetooth settings and try to reconnect it again.
Summing up thoughts
On every device, either it can be a laptop, tablet, or smartphone, you can fix the Bluetooth issue by performing some common operations. You can restart the device, reset the Bluetooth settings, update the system software of the device, forget the previous connections and try to connect it again.