How to reset DirecTV password
It is frustrating for anyone when you forgot the password and blocked by your own system. It can happen you forgot your DirecTV password and you need to reset your DirecTV password. Nowadays, we are thankful for technology because in each thing we have an option to reset it. In the same way, you can reset the forgotten password, simply change the password in DirecTV.
Here, the full guide has given if you forgot the password then how you can reset it. Also, if you have a password and want to generate some other password then you can also able to do that after reading this article.
We have 3 methods to reset the DirecTV password. Each of them given below.
Change the password of DirecTV If you have a password
As I told you people in the above section sometimes need to set a strong password by removing the old password. You can do that successfully with this method.
- First, the basic requirement is that you need to Turn on the TV and DirecTV receiver.
- Point the DirecTV remote control at the receiver and press the “Menu” button. The main menu screen should appear on the left side of the screen.
- Now, using the down arrow button highlight the “Parents, Favourites, and Settings”. Press the “Select” button to enter the “Parents, Favourites and Settings” menu.
- Now, using arrow buttons and select button select “Parental Control“. choose the option of “Edit Settings“, In the Edit settings menu you need to choose “Password“.
- Use the numeric keypad on the DirecTV remote control to enter the receiver’s current parental control password.
- Enter the new password you want to use.
Reset DirecTV password if you have forgotten It
- In this method, you need to Call DirecTV customer service. You can find the contact number on your DirecTV bill or on the DirecTV “Contact Us” page.
- Now, tell your problem to the DirecTV customer service representative that you forgot the password you created for the DirecTV receiver.
- Also, request a customer service representative to reset the password to its default settings. By default, the DirecTV receiver does not have a password. After verifying your identity, the representative should be able to remotely reset the recipient’s password.
Manually Reset DirecTV password to Default
- First, you need to Turn on the TV and DirecTV receiver.
- Now, pick a remote control and point at the receiver of DirecTV and press the “Menu” button. The main menu screen should appear on the left side of the screen.
- Now, you will use the down arrow button to highlight “Parents, Favourites, and Settings”. Press the “Select” button to enter the “Parents, Favourites and Settings” menu.
- Select “Parental Control”. After that select the “Edit Settings” option. Now, select the “Unlock Now” option.
- Finally, Use the numeric keypad of the remote control to enter the receiver’s current parental control password and set the receiver to its default settings.
If you forgot the parent control password then the above method will work for your problem.