How to reset Dropbox password
As we all know that, losing the password of anything is very common these days. Almost every one of us loses the password of any account at some time. The reason behind this is that we either save our password in our device where we use these accounts. In this case, if we need a password on another device then we have to remember our password.
The same thing happens with the password of Dropbox. So, the people who use Dropbox also face issues after forgetting their passwords. To get a new password, then they need to reset Dropbox password.
If you are also facing the same problem and don’t know how to reset your Dropbox password. Then here you will learn to reset the password of Dropbox. You will just have to follow the process the same as given in this article. But before knowing the process of resetting the password of your Dropbox account. First, we must know that,
What is Dropbox?
All of us are aware of OneDrive, similarly we can say Dropbox is also free storage. It is a type of cloud storage where we can save our files and folders. If we have to share our files with others then we can also do this. We just have to provide the link of files stored in Dropbox with the person to whom we have to share the file.
To save our data and other files on Dropbox we have to sync the files with our mobile phone or computer and save them on the cloud storage of Dropbox. So whichever file we have to store on cloud storage we have to follow this step, that is of saving on Dropbox and then syncing them to our mobile phone or computer.
If you want to use Dropbox for free to save your important files and sync them to your computer or phone. Then you can also do this, but if you will use the free plan of Dropbox, then the limit of saving the files will be less. You will only be able to save files up to 2 GB of storage. If you want more storage, then you will have to spend some money. You can easily increase the storage by saving your files up to 3 TB if you will spend money.
If you don’t know that how it works or how you can do this. So, first, you have to open the website of Dropbox and then subscribe to it. After you will subscribe to Dropbox, then you have to install Dropbox on your computer or mobile phone. When you will install this application on your computer or mobile phone, after that you can save files. After saving the files will also get saved to its server.
Reasons for resetting the password of Dropbox
There can’t be just one reason for resetting the password of the Dropbox account. one among the common reasons is that a lot of folks forget the password then have trouble while opening the Dropbox application. So, one of the most reasons for resetting the password of the Dropbox account is that we had forgotten the password.
When you attempt to log in to your Dropbox account. At that point, you’ll be asked to give your username and password of Dropbox account. If you’ll provide the incorrect password repeatedly, then you’ll get your Dropbox account locked. you’ll unable to urge access to your account also. So, you’ll see on the sign-in page of Dropbox that, you’ll need to reset the password.
If you’ve got given the login details to your friend or other persons. Like if you’ve got provided the user ID and password of Dropbox account to a different person. But if he or she is providing an equivalent user ID and password of Dropbox account to more people without asking you. Then to avoid people using your Dropbox account without your permission. you’ll do one thing, which is to reset the password of your Dropbox account.
Sometimes, some unexpected things also happen to us. As many users know that Dropbox also asks to reset the password of their user ID with which we check in our Dropbox account. When Dropbox finds some suspicious activity happening together with your Dropbox account. Then Dropbox will ask you to vary the password of your Dropbox account. The suspicious activity could also be of somebody using your Dropbox account from other devices that you simply don’t know. during this case, if you’ll change the password, then the matter will get solved automatically.
So, these all were the explanations for resetting the password of your Dropbox account. Now, we’ll know some important things that are needed to understand before resetting the Dropbox password.
Things that we must know before resetting the password of Dropbox
There are several things that we must know before resetting the password of the Dropbox account. If you’ll change the password of your Dropbox account then your account is going to be signed out from all the devices.
This means that within the past whenever you or your friend check in to your Dropbox account on any device. Then wherever the account is signed in, once the password will change, then it’ll automatically get signed out. If you or your friend will attempt to check in to your Dropbox account with the old password, then this process won’t happen and you’ll not be ready to get access to your Dropbox account.
But this function won’t work automatically. Your Dropbox account won’t get sign out automatically. To do so, you’ll need to choose the choice of “sign out from all the devices” while resetting the password of your Dropbox account.
You also got to remember the new password, if you don’t want to repeat the matter thanks to losing the password. Once you’ll permanently remember the password or write it somewhere. Then you’ll not get to reset the password of Dropbox again and again.
How to reset Dropbox password?
people who use Dropbox also face issues after forgetting their password. To get a new password, then they need to reset the Dropbox password.
If you are also facing same problem and don’t know how to reset Dropbox password. Then here you will learn to reset the password of Dropbox. You will just have to follow the process the same as given in this article.
Steps to reset Dropbox password through email ID:
- So, to start this process, first, you would have to take your mobile or desktop from where you’ll open Dropbox.
- Once you’ll open your mobile or desktop. Then you’ve got to open the browser of your device. within the browser, you’ve got to travel to the search option.
- Now, within the search option, you’ve to type dropbox.com. once you will do that then open its page. After this, you’ll reach the page from where you’ll reset the password of your Dropbox account.
- When you’ll get the choice of resetting the password through various mediums. There you’ve to pick the choice provided for “email Id”.
- After you’ll select the choice provided for “email id” then you’ll be asked to type the right email ID through which you’ve created the Dropbox account.
- So, once you will provide the right email ID. then, you’ll need to find the choice provided for “email me”. Once you’ll get this feature, then you’ve to pick this feature.
- Once you’ll do that, then you’ll receive the steps and reset link for your Dropbox account password. the e-mail is going to be sent to you within several minutes.
So, after you’ll get the e-mail that consists of the link for resetting the password of your Dropbox account. Then you’ve to follow the steps provided there in the email. Once you’ll do that appropriately, then you’ll easily be ready to reset the password of your Dropbox account. you simply got to remember one thing that the password shouldn’t be an equivalent that was before resetting the password of the Dropbox account.
How to reset Dropbox Sync?
If you want to stop the syncing process of your files that are saved on Dropbox and then restart the sync again on your computer or mobile phone. Then you have to reset Dropbox sync. If you don’t know how to do this, then follow the steps provided below:
- First of all, to stop syncing, you will have to learn the process of uninstalling Dropbox from your computer.
- Once you will uninstall Dropbox from your computer, then you have to again install it.
- So, this process is all about downloading a fresh version of Dropbox on your computer after removing the current version.
- When you will install Dropbox again on your PC, then you will be able to again save files.
So, when you will again save files on Dropbox, then you will also be able to sync these files again. The process of resetting the sync with your PC is all about uninstalling Dropbox and then installing it again.
How to reset Dropbox account?
If you are looking to clear all the data that you have saved on Dropbox from it. At that point, you can reset Dropbox account. By doing this you will be able to clear all your saved files from your Dropbox account but you will get them all if you had synced on your PC.
We cannot reset the Dropbox account directly. To reset our Dropbox account, first of all, we have to delete our Dropbox account and then create a new account.
Steps to delete Dropbox account:
- You can only delete your Dropbox account with the help of an internet browser. So first, you have to open the sign-in page of Dropbox on the browser of your PC or mobile phone.
- Now, you have to log in to your Dropbox account by providing the proper username and password.
- Once you will log in, then you have to find the icon of your account and click on it.
- Now, you will reach the dropdown menu. There you have to find the option of “settings” and then click on it.
- When you will click on the menu of your account’s settings. then you have to find the option provided for “delete account”. Once you will get this option then you have to click on this option.
- After you will do this, then you will be asked to provide the password of your account.
- Just provide the proper password of your account and then give the reason for the deletion of your account.
When you will provide the reason for the deletion of your account. Then the process of deletion of your account will complete. After the deletion of your Dropbox account, you can again create a new account on Dropbox. After creating a new account, the process to reset the Dropbox account will complete.