How to reset Facebook account
There is no separate reset button available to reset Facebook accounts such as TV and other electronic devices. But from inside the app you can reset your Facebook account by performing some steps as given below.
No one wants to reset the Facebook account for fun only but there is some reason behind t0 perform the operations. You can reset the current password of your Facebook account and change the username, profile pic, your details, and Bio by resetting the Facebook account.
Here, you can see how to change the details of your Facebook account and reset it.
Reset Facebook settings
Well, This section will lead you to change some settings on your Facebook app and make it more powerful for you. There are lots of settings available in the app such that theme settings, Account settings, privacy settings, and Language settings. We will look at all one after another.
- Inside the mobile device or computer device, open the Facebook app and make sure you remember the id and password to log in to your account.
- Now, Click on the 3 horizontal lines from the upper right corner of your mobile device. If you are using a computer or laptop device, then you have to click on the drop-down menu from the top right corner. Here, you will get the Settings & privacy sub-menu and navigate to that. It will show you a different settings option and you can choose anyone which you want to reset.
- From the Settings option, you can change your personal information such as name, email, and mobile number, etc. Also, you can lock your profile for unknown or random people, change location, change the password of your current account. If you are getting more notifications for Facebook activity then you can silent it from the settings. Moreover, you can delete your account from here if you have created a new account or for other reasons.
- From the Privacy shortcuts section, you can check your account privacy and add 2-factor authentication for more security. Also, you can do other same things related to privacy which you can do from the settings.
- After that, you can set the theme as dark or light from the Settings & privacy option.
- One important setting is language. If anyone doesn’t know English then they can change the language from settings and start to use Facebook in the local language.
- Sometimes, it happens that you spend more time on Facebook on daily basis. So, you can set the timer which can give you an alert when you cross the daily time limit to use the Facebook.
how to reset Facebook using Instagram
In case, if you forgot the username, email, mobile number, and password of your Facebook and account and don’t able to recover it then this trick may be helpful for you. Make sure you have connected your Facebook account with the Instagram account otherwise this will not work.
- Go to the Instagram app and sign in using the user id and password. Now, from the bottom go to the profile.
- Next, click on the 3 horizontal lines which you find at the top right corner, and click on the settings menu at the bottom.
- Simply, tap on Account -> sharing to other apps.
- Here, click on the Facebook account and tap on continue. Next, it will ask you to enter a password to sign in. If you don’t remember it then you can forget it and reset it.
- So, this method will help you to find your Facebook account via Instagram account.
how to reset the Facebook password without a mobile number and email
To reset the password of the Facebook account without knowing which email address or mobile number is connected with your account you can use the below instructions.
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile phone or desktop.
- When you see the login screen, click on the Need Help? the link below username and password field.
- Here, choose forgot password and find your Facebook account by username.
- Identify your account from profile picture or username and click on This is me.
- Next, Facebook will give you 2 options to receive the OTP via SMS or Email. You have to choose anyone and it will send OTP to a connected email or mobile number.
- Enter the Six digit code which you have got on your email or mobile number and reset the password of the account.
how to reset Facebook password without OTP
Many users have connected other person’s or family member’s mobile number or email address to the Facebook account. So, they face difficulty to get the OTP to reset the password. But you need not worry about you can recover your Facebook account using your Connected email address and password.
- Go to the Facebook account search page.
- Now, if you don’t want to reset your password by getting the OTP then you can enter your connected email address.
- Next, click on the search button and it will show you all account which is connected with your email and click on This is me by identifying the appropriate account.
- Next, you have to choose the option to reset your password. Either you can reset it by getting the OTP on your email address or by entering the connected email account password.
- So, you will use here your Gmail account password. Furthermore, if you know about connected mobile numbers then you can reset the Facebook account with a mobile number.
- First, search your account by entering your mobile number instead of an email address and get OTP to reset the password.
This is all about how you can reset Facebook account information, privacy, and password even though if you don’t know the connected email address or mobile number.