How to reset hard drive on Mac
In this article, we will know about the process to reset hard drive on Mac. So, if you are using a Mac and want to completely reset its hard drive. Then this article is going to be very useful for you. When you will follow this article appropriately, then it will be very easy for you to reset the hard drive on Mac.
So, if you are facing problems while trying to reset the hard drive on Mac. Then you must be missing some steps in this process. To know that missing step you have to just read this article.
Before starting the process of resetting the hard drive on mac, you must know some important things that are given below,
Things to keep in mind before resetting the hard drive on Mac:
Whenever you will directly delete each and every file from the hard drive on Mac then at that point, not everything will get formatted. So, these things must be kept in our mind that simply deleting everything related to you from the hard drive will not work. You will have to reset the hard drive, to remove everything related to you from the Mac.
You should do this because nowadays many people have good knowledge about how to recover everything present in the past. People can get the deleted files easily with the help of some tools present on the internet. But once you will reset the hard drive, then there will be no chance left for any person to recover the removed files. That is why resetting is the best option to remove everything related to you from the PC you want to sell or give to somebody.
So, in order to clear everything safely from your computer, then you just have to reset its hard drive. To do this you have to follow the process given below in this article properly.
Steps to reset hard drive on Mac:
Follow the steps given below to reset hard drive on Mac:
- To start the procedure first you need to reboot your Mac. To do this you need to find the power button given on the Mac.
- Once you will get the button used for turning on the Mac. Then you need to hold this button and press it for more than 4 to 5 secs.
- Presently, when you will press the button for a couple of moments. Then you will get a little window. In that window, you need to tap on the “reboot” decision. Subsequent to doing this your Mac will start the process of the reboot.
- When your Mac will turn off. Then, you need to hold the command and the R keys together and then press them till the screen of Mac will not show the logo of Apple.
- Once you will press both the keys together. Then, your Mac will move to the recovery window.
User Name and the password
Now, in this window, you need to give your user data and the password. Exactly when you will give your user data and password. Then you will access to use this recovery window.
- After that, you need to clear your data and from the Mac. Then, you need to pick the choice of “disk utility”.
- Now, when you will open the menu of disk utility. Then, there you need to pick the disk on which you need to clear your data.
- Once you will pick the disk. Then you will get the option of “delete” on the upper side of the window.
- Now, you need to pick the “erase” choice. At this point, when you will pick this choice then all of your data will be taken out from the Mac.
When you will do this all, after that the process to reset hard drive on Mac will complete.