How to reset Instagram account
You all have read the heading but here resetting doesn’t mean delete the whole account and upload media such that images, and videos again. But we will guide you to reset your Instagram account password, Instagram feed, Instagram search suggestions, etc.
Also, we have written steps to reset the Instagram account password without using the Facebook account and Old password. So, Going through this article, you will enjoy it.
how to reset Instagram password
When you have not used Instagram for a long time or you are habituated to use Instagram in the web browser then after some time you just need the password and user id to log in again to your Instagram account. It may happen, you have not stored the Instagram password or don’t remember then you have to change it.
If you have an old password of the Instagram account and you are currently logged in to your account and want to change the password then you should follow the below steps.
- Open Instagram to your phone or computer.
- Next, go to the profile section from the bottom menu bar and click on the 3 horizontal lines from the top. You will see a sidebar opened on the screen.
- Now, click on the Gear icon which you find at the bottom. Here, Move to the Security menu.
- You will see different options in the security menu but click on the Password option and it will ask you to enter your old password and new password.
Enter it and tap on the continue or next and you have to change the password of your Instagram account successfully using the old password.
So, this way you can reset your Instagram account password without using the connected Facebook account. Also, in this method, you don’t need to enter an email if you remember the username. It means you can reset your password without using your email. Now, If you don’t know the current password then you should try the below steps.
- Open the Instagram app or go to Instagram.com.
- Next, on the sign-in screen, click on the Forgot Password option below the username and password input field.
- Either enter a username, email, or connected phone number to recover your current Instagram account.
- Click on the Send Login Link. Now, you will get a login link on the email or mobile number via SMS. Do click on the link and open it into browser or Instagram app.
- Next, it will ask you to change your password. If you want then you can set the new password otherwise skip it.
So, this way you can reset your Instagram password without using an old password. Next, we will move to the steps to reset the Instagram account password using the Facebook account. Before you use this method, make sure you have a Facebook username and password. If you forgot that also then first reset it from the Facebook app or website.
- On the Sign in the interface, click on the Forgot password link.
- Next, choose reset password using the Facebook button.
- Enter the Facebook user id and password.
- Tap on the Login button and you will be logged in to your Instagram account but here it will ask you to change the current password.
- If you wish you can continue to change.
At last, we have seen 3 methods to reset Instagram passwords. However, the Last method only works if your Facebook account is connected with the Instagram account.
how to reset Instagram explore feed
Maybe some of you don’t know that Instagram showing you videos and posts related to your search queries and watch history. Instagram has also AI-based algorithms like YouTube and Facebook to show suggestions to the users.
If you don’t like the posts which Instagram suggesting you automatically then you can reset Instagram explore feed. There are 2 to 3 ways to reset the Instagram feed.
First, we try to reset Instagram explore feed by clearing the search history.
- Rather you are using Instagram on Android, iOS, or Desktop device, open it.
- Go to the Profile section -> tap on 3 lines at top -> Navigate to the settings menu from the bottom.
- Navigate to the Security menu here.
- Here, locate the data and History option. Below that you will search the history option and click on it.
- On this page, you will see your recent searches. Also, you will see the clear option next to the recent search.
- Tap on the Clear all option to clear search history.
- You will see prompted message confirming to clear search history and press here clear all again.
- Now, just close the Instagram app and reopen it. You will see that explore feed is reset.
Rather than removing all suggesting posts and videos, if you want to remove posts from a particular account then you should follow the beneath steps.
- Open the explore feed on your Instagram account.
- Next, click on the particular post which you don’t like or want to remove.
- Click on the 3 dots next to the username of that post’s account.
- Here, select the Not interested option. So, you will not see any post from this account in the explore feed.
So, this is the second method to remove the suggestion from the explore feed of the Instagram account.
how to reset the Instagram feed
Generally, Instagram shows you post from that account which you are following in the feed. So, to hide a post in the feed from the particular account you have to unfollow that account or simply you can perform the below action.
- Tap on the 3 vertical dots above the post.
- Next, click on the hide option and Instagram will hide posts from that account.
So, this is the only idea to reset the front page of your Instagram account or feed.