How to reset iPhone 7
The iPhone 7 is an impressive device launched by the Apple brand but nowadays in the market, iPhone 12 and higher version is launched in the market. So, if you want to upgrade your iPhone device or pass it to someone else then the factory reset process will help you to format your iPhone 7 and reset it to default settings. However, you can also reset when you want to sell the iPhone 7. So, a single piece of data can’t remain inside that and your personal information remains safe.
Also, Apple has removed the home button from the iPhone 7 and replace it with the power key or side key. So, the restart process of the iPhone 7 becomes quite different. Here, we have quick steps to soft reset or factory reset iPhone 7.
Reset iPhone 7 apple id password
To sign in with your iCloud account, you must need an Apple account id and password. Sometimes, you feel that your Apple id password is not comfortable to remember for you and if you want to change it, then you will get proper guidance in this section.
Here, you have to follow the steps according to your device. For iPhone, iPad and iPod touch steps are different than mac.
- For iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices, open the settings -> your name. If you are using the Mac then go to Apple menu -> system preference.
- Now, tap on the password & security option. Inside that click on the Change password option.
- It will ask you to enter the current password of Apple Id or passcode of the device which you use to unlock the screen of iPhone or Mac.
- Now, in the change password box, enter the new password and click on the change password button.
- Now, you can check that password for your Apple id has been changed and you can log in with a new password on your Apple account.
Reset iPhone 7 without computer
If iPhone 7 has some glitches in the system then you can simply force restart it to flush the memory and remove errors. As a final option of the solution, you can factory reset your iPhone 7. Hard reset operation will remove all the apps and media from the iPhone 7 which is infected with the malware to clean the device.
If you have a computer at your home or office, you can use the iTunes software to reset iPhone 7 in recovery mode or DFU mode. But it will ask you to enter your Apple id and password as a login credential. Here, we have written to reset iPhone 7 without an Apple id password.
- From the quick access menu or home screen tap on the settings menu and navigate to it.
- Find the General tab in the settings menu and click on it.
- Inside the General tab, at the bottom, you will find the reset option, click on that.
- Next, press on the Erase content & all settings.
- If you have secured your iPhone 7 with a screen lock then it will ask you to enter the screen lock.
- Next, tap on the Erase Phone option to continue the process.
- Now, your work is finished and iPhone 7 starts its work. It will remove all the data including the system and reinstall the system on your device.