Do you need to factory reset iPhone 8 plus without an iCloud password? Do you need to erase iPhone before selling or giving it to others? Normally, you can easily erase your iPhone from Settings, but if you forget your Apple ID passcode or password, things get complicated.
Reset iPhone 8 plus makes sense because once you start this procedure there’s no coming back at least when it comes to the data stored on your device. Well, you can use soft reset that can help you avoid normal problems and errors, but this option doesn’t work in many cases. Also, it will become more frustrating when you have not iCloud passcode. In this article, we will show you how to factory reset iPhone 8 plus without iCloud password.
Using Hardware Keys To Factory Reset iPhone 8 plus
Although the touch screen allows users to access most of the functions available on over 8 plus, even the latest iPhone models have hardware keys. Of course, the iPhone 8 plus is no exception. However, this time, you will use these buttons to reset the device to factory settings instead of navigation, even if it is disabled and you don’t have an iCloud password.
- First, press and hold the sleep/wake button and the home button at the same time. Press and hold these buttons.
- After a few seconds, your iPhone 8 should restart.
- Once the Apple logo appears on the screen, the user can release the button.
Obviously, this Is another simple way to solve this problem.
Factory reset iPhone 8 plus using settings menu
To use this method, you will need an iCloud backup. Therefore, if you bought someone else’s phone and lost the password and want to reset the device, you will need their help. In any case, if you have completed an iCloud backup, you will be able to restore your iPhone 8 plus factory settings by the below instructions.
- visit the “Settings” section.
- After entering the settings menu dins the select and reset.
- Next, select Erase all content and settings.
- After that, you have to select Erase iPhone and wait for your iPhone to restart. This process usually does not require more.
- The process continues to access the apps and data located on the main screen.
- Choose to restore from iCloud and select the iCloud backup you want to use.
- To complete the process, just wait for few moments.
Both methods are quick and simple one to factory reset or hard reset your iPhone 8 plus without an iCloud password. You can use anyone them. If your iPhone 8 plus is not working properly due to some glitches then you can use the first method and reset it in recovery mode. If all thing working fine then you can use any of them.
Furthermore, you can use any third-party software also to factory reset your iPhone 8 plus.