How to reset Mac mini password
If you are using the Mac mini for a long time. One day due to some type of problem you failed to remember the password of your Mac mini. At this point, if you want to get the access to your Mac mini. Then you have to reset Mac mini password. But if you are not aware of the process for resetting the password of Mac mini. Then this article will help you to do so.
How to reset Mac mini password?
At the point when you have failed to remember the password or pin that you use while signing in to your Mac mini. In the present circumstance to gain admittance to the Mac mini, you need to know that how to reset the Mac mini password? On the off chance that you don’t have a clue about the process, then follow the technique given here in the article appropriately:
- First of all, you need to open the menu of Apple. To do this you need to tap on the apple symbol given on the screen.
- Now, when you will choose that option. From that point forward, you need to reboot your Mac mini.
- Once the Mac mini will begin the process of a reboot. From that point onward, you need to tap on the account of the user. After that, you have to give the secret pin or password there you need to pick the question mark symbol.
- Now, when you will open the menu by picking the question mark symbol. Then, at that point, you need to pick the option given for resetting the password using the Apple ID.
- Once you will choose the alternative. Then, at that point from that point forward, you will be requested your ID for Apple and its pin. You have to give your user details and afterward click on the choice of “next”.
- Now, from that point onward, you need to appropriately see every one of the directions given on the menu. When you will follow them all. After that only, you will actually able to reset your password for your Mac mini.
This process may be done when you will have your Apple ID and the password for this ID.
How to reset Mac mini without password?
In case if you have forgotten the password of your Mac mini. At that point, if you have to reset Mac mini. Then you should know the process of How to reset Mac mini without password? If you don’t know how to do it? Then in this article we will going to know the process of resetting Mac mini without the password.
But before knowing this, we must know that,
For what reason do we have to reset the Mac mini?
There are numerous purposes behind which we need to reset the Mac mini. On the off chance that we deal with certain issues when we use the Mac mini for a long time. Like when we use the Mac mini and suddenly it begins to work slow. It likewise begins to hang some of the time. The reason behind these issues might be due to viruses. At the point when we use the web on our Mac mini and visit unknown sites. Then, at that point because of this numerous destructive virus assault our Mac mini. Presently the viruses which attack our Mac mini cause issues identified with hanging and working slowly of our device. In this situation, to fix these sorts of issues we need to reset the Mac mini.
We likewise deal with issues identified with hardware and capacity. At the point when we use the Mac mini then some of the time, it consequently closes down and afterward again turns on without our command. Numerous applications additionally don’t work as expected as they used to work previously. In this way, prior to purchasing another Mac mini, we need to attempt to fix these issues. To fix this we can attempt to reset the Mac mini. There are different kinds of reasons additionally which can be fixed after resetting the Mac mini.
Like the issues related to capacity. At the point, when we give over Mac mini to another person or offer it to anybody. Then, at that point, we need to clean our data from the Mac mini. We need to clear all of our information and content stored on the device. We need to uninstall all the software and game applications that we had installed before. Every one of the settings likewise which are configured by us should be reconfigured. The accounts which are connected on our Mac mini additionally should be unlinked. Presently, to clear all information, reconfigure settings and unlink accounts we need to reset the Mac mini.
What changes happen after we reset the Mac mini?
At the moment that we reset our Mac mini then from that point onward, we let our PC to:
- We let our Mac mini clear all the data which was stored on our device. Like all of the photos, films, sound records, and everything which we had kept in our Mac mini get cleared forever.
- Our Mac mini will similarly uninstall all the software and game applications that we had installed on it. We will be not able to use any of these Applications again until we will reinstall them all.
- All the settings which we had done on our Mac mini will get erased. By and by, our device will restore to its default settings. In the event that we need to make it as per our want, then we have to again change all of the settings on the Mac mini.
- We will moreover permit our Mac mini to remove all of our accounts that were linked with various applications in the Mac mini. After that, we need to sign in again on our Mac mini to access various features of the PC.
- This all implies that when we will reset our Mac mini. Then, all of the things which were on the PC will get erased completely. The Mac mini will reset to its default settings same as when we got it.
How to reset Mac mini without password?
If we don’t remember the password of our Mac mini. At this point if we need to reset Mac mini without password. Then to complete the resetting process first we have to reset our password for Mac mini. Once the password of our Mac mini will reset. Then after that we can reset our Mac mini. (The process to reset Mac mini password is given above)
Follow the steps given below to reset the Mac mini:
- To start the procedure first you need to reboot your Mac mini. To do this you need to find the power button given on the Mac mini.
- Once you will get the button used for turning on the Mac mini. Then you need to hold this button and press it for more than 4 to 5 secs.
- Presently, when you will press the button for a couple of moments. Then you will get a little window. In that window, you need to tap on the “reboot” decision. Subsequent to doing this your Mac mini will start the process of the reboot.
- When your Mac mini will turn off. Then, you need to hold the command and the R keys together and then press them till the screen of Mac mini will not show the logo of Apple.
- Once you will press both the keys together. Then, your Mac mini will move to the recovery window.
- Now, in this window, you need to give your user data and the password. Exactly when you will give your user data and password. Then you will access to use this recovery window.
- After that, on the off chance that you need to clear your data and settings from the Mac mini. Then, you need to pick the choice of “disk utility”.
- Now, when you will open the menu of disk utility. Then, there you need to pick the disk on which you need to clear your data.
- Once you will pick the disk. Then you will get the option of “delete” on the upper side of the window.
- Now, you need to pick the “erase” choice. At this point, when you will pick this choice then all of your data will be taken out from the Mac mini.
- After erasing your data and settings you need to reinstall the macOS on your Mac mini. To do this you need to go to the menu of macOS utilities.
- Now, when you will reach the macOS utility menu. Then, there you will see the option for reinstalling the macOS. You need to pick this option after which your macOS will install again.
After this, the process of resetting your Mac mini will finish.