Re-setting your Roku TV would be like refreshing your laptop. The need of resetting is arising more frequently to people these days as the usage of streaming platforms on services like Roku TV has enormously gone up due to advent of the pandemic. Due to high usage sometimes problems like constant buffering, freezing of the Hisense Roku TV mid streaming, automatic skipping etc can occur and its pretty common these days.
Even if that is not happening you must consider resetting your Hisense Roku TV at least once a month, as what resetting does is it sets your Hisense Roku TV back to default, erases all the unnecessary tabs working in the back ground of your computer which you’re most likely not aware of, and stops many other functions that hinder the functioning of your Hisense Roku TV more smoothly. With the help of this article, we will explain the procedure of
resetting your Hisense Roku TV in the most simple and easiest manner. BOTH –
- How to reset Hisense Roku TV with a remote? and
- How to reset Hisense Roku TV without a remote?
Will be discussed below [kindly scroll downward a little bit if you want to pay attention to the second topic covered, that is ‘ How to reset Hisense Roku TV without remote’
HOW TO RESET HISENSE ROKU TV WITH A REMOTE?
Ans- Follow the steps mentioned below
- Turn on your Hisense Roku smart TV and with the help of your TV remote go to the home page by clicking the button on the top right corner, below the red power button situated at the top.
- Now, press the button pointing downwards five times, this button is present right below home button. After pressing it five times you will see that it has lead you to settings.
- Now, press the rightwards pointing button situated on the right side of the OK button [once].
- Now you need to press the down button again for thirteen times which will lead you all the way to the Systems option.
- Press the rightward pointing button again [once].
- Press the down button again for 10 times and this will take you to Advanced system settings.
- Click right button again to go to Factory Reset option.
- Press the right button once again to go to the Reset TV audio/picture settings.
- Now, [note that if you just want to refresh your Hisense Roku TV you will need to do what is written in the ninth step or if you want to do a complete factory reset which is like setting up your Hisense Roku TV all over again, then directly read the tenth step. Doing a complete factory reset is like starting from the beginning, like setting your language, connecting your WIFI, setting up your account on streaming platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu Roku, customising your preferences on them etc.]
- You will be able to see X 3, so that basically means that you have to press the play pause button on your remote three times. After doing that you will be able to see a message on your Hisense Roku TV that says ‘ All TV specific settings have been reset to their original value’ click the OK button and you’re good to go.
If you wish to do a full factory reset then press the down button and then to the right side. Enter the numbers given in a specific box given below and press the OK button.
HOW TO RESET ROKU TV WITHOUT REMOTE?
Follow the process mentioned below
- The first thing that you need to make sure is that your Hisense Roku TV is turned on and on the home page on the screen [ if its not you can do so by clicking the home option on your remote]
- The next step is to look behind your TV onto the box of cable and wire connections.
- There will be a reset option most likely on the top most part of your Hisense Roku TV or towards one of the ends of the box like structure behind the TV. It just depends on the model of the TV that you are currently using.
- When you have located the position of the reset option grab a sharp and thin object like a needle or a pen or really anything of that sort.
- What you would need to do now is take that object and press the reset button with the help of it.
MAKE SURE that you press it for long enough. Now how would you know if you’re doing it for long enough? This is how
- Press and hold until the screen turns black, don’t let go and hold on still.
- It will turn on again and then you will be able to see ‘Hisense Roku TV’ written on the screen and that’s when you know that you can let go.
- The screen will turn on and off a couple of times, do not worry its just a part of the process.
- Then your TV will turn on right from the beginning and the next step is to choose your language followed by personalisation of your account.
Do I need to make an account to access Roku TV?
Ans- Yes, when you’re new to using Roku streaming services, you will need to make an account. Or if you already have an account being a former user you can simply log in using your credentials
Why is my Roku TV buffering?
Ans- Buffering mainly occurs due to bad internet connections. If you’ve connected various devices to a single router then your TV will receive low connectivity and buffer. But if you are sure that there is no problem with the internet then you should try to reset your Roku TV.
Some background information about Roku TV:
Roku TV is an American digital media provider and it gives access to online streaming services. Roku has helped to popularise the concept of low cost high functioning set up boxes and advancing themselves with their new products.
Founded by Anthony Woods
Founded by Anthony Woods in the year 2002, Netflix was the first to partner with it and Roku’s first set-top box was released in 2008 and then expanded by partnering with smart TV producing companies to provide their customers with Roku TV streaming software built in the TV. It is largely known for providing top quality services at a very minimal rate
Thank you for your precious time, we hope with the help of this article we were able to help you!