HOW TO RESET ROKU TV WITHOUT REMOTE?
Roku TV offers a wide range of streaming platforms to its customers at a minimal rate. We all know how stressful can be to lose a remote and not knowing what to do and how to reset Roku tv without remote, as it happens in every household at some or other point in time.
Sometimes a manual Roku tv reset is needed even when the TV starts to constantly lag, takes a lot of time to load/buffering, keeps freezing, etc. In this case, you may have to reset the TV manually and in this article, we will help with exactly that – how you can reset your Roku TV manually without the remote.
Most issues can be solved by a factory reboot which can be done on the set-top box of the TV. The process is very easy and anyone will be able to do it.
Doing so will turn your Roku TV to how it was when you just got it, Roku tv will be reset to its default settings and that means it will also unlink your account and remove your preferences.
- Old models of this TV have a manual reset button located at the bottom or back.
- To reset the set-top box you may need a thin sharp object due to its pinhole resetting button, similar to how a person adds and removes SIM card in most smart phones.
- Long press the button for about 10 seconds.
- Make sure the TV is on and the switch is not turned off.
- Wait until you will be able to see a blinking light, this is to inform you that the TV is rebooting/ resetting to its original state.
- The reset will be complete when the light goes off.
If these methods do not work for you then you can try to do a hard reset on the TV.
- Connect only the power cable to your device and then the switch on.
- Press the reset button for 15 seconds.
- After 15 seconds unplug the power cable.
- Let go of the reset button and connect everything back to your streaming device.
In case you do not have a reset button or are unable to locate it you can resort to the next method that is-
- Use the Roku TV remote app.
- You can find the app on the Appstore if you have an iPhone or google play store if you use android.
- Install the app.
- Open the application after it has downloaded and click on the Remote option.
- Pair it with the streaming device.
- Go to the option of advanced settings.
- Click on perform factory reboot.
The application will basically help you to convert your phone into a remote and use it that way.
For the above method your phone and tv will have to be connected to the same WIFI cable/router and if that’s not possible then follow these steps to:
connect your phone or tablet to a hotspot.
- Go to the settings app on your phone.
- Click on mobile hotspot.
- Choose the WPA2 PSA option as your security mode.
- Select the set up mobile hot spot option and add your WIFI network.
- Save the settings.
Another way to reset your streaming device would to try this website
- Use the website remoku.tv
- You can do so even if it is an ethernet model.
- To do so you need to plug in ethernet, HDMI and power cable in the device.
- Wait to see the connect remote message on the display screen.
- Go to the wireless network settings and select DIRECT-roku-123-456AB though the number can vary from one device to another.
- Once you are done with all this go to remoku tv using your computer browser.
- Pair your remote and to the advanced settings option.
- Select the reset button.
- make sure you are using the wired connection in conducting this process or else you will have to do a reset using the physical button as mentioned above.
Losing your tv remote can feel like the most frustrating thing ever, but don’t lose hope, using the methods above you can turn your tv into a TV as good as a new one. This is how we can reset Roku tv without remote
If you wan to know that How to reset roku tv password then it is available.