In this article we will know that how to reset throttle position sensor Honda civic. But before this we should know that,
What is throttle position sensor?
It is a sensor that helps us while we drive our Honda civic. This sensor helps the car in maintaining the efficiency of fuel. The amount of combustion occurs and the overall work of our car’s engine are also controlled by the throttle position sensor. This sensor helps us to maintain the amount of acceleration. We can find this sensor by observing the body of throttle. This position sensor is located close to the body of throttle.
When we will see the throttle position sensor in older cars then they will look different from the throttle position sensor in the new cars. But when we talk about the work or function. Then all the throttle position sensors have the same type of work. The throttle position sensors are connected with the body of throttle through the wires or in some cases they are also connected with the help of the field of the magnets.
Why do we need to reset throttle position sensor Honda civic?
There are so many reasons that needs to reset the throttle position sensor Honda civic. Sometimes after we drive our Honda civic for a long period. Then we face many problems in the throttle position sensor of Honda civic. Like when we drive our vehicle then we experience that our Honda civic is facing the jerks. We also see that sometime suddenly our vehicle surges. You will also not able to change the gears of your Honda civic properly.
When we drive our Honda civic then sometimes while driving, we also feel some hesitation when we try to accelerate. When we drive then while we also see that the light which is used to check the engine also flashes without any cause. So, to solve all of these problems we have to reset the throttle position sensor Honda civic.
How to reset the throttle position sensor Honda civic?
If you are facing the problems while driving your Honda civic. These problems can be of many types. Like when you are driving your Honda civic and you suddenly face issues while you are accelerating. Or while driving the Honda civic you are experiencing the jerks on your vehicle. Then in these types of situations you may need to reset the throttle position sensor Honda civic.
Now, to know the procedure you have to follow the steps given here properly:
You can easily complete the process of resetting the throttle position sensor Honda civic with the help of the procedure.
By using the tool for scanning
- You will see that many mechanics who repair cars use this type of tool to reset the throttle position.
- First of all, you have to switch on the graph of the data which show its live position. Once you will check the graph after that you have to begin the process.
- Now, you have to open the main screen of the scan tool.
- Once you will be able to see the main screen of the tool. Then you have to find the options of “settings”.
- Now, when you will get the option for “settings”. Then you have to open the menu of it.
- Once the menu will be visible for the settings. After this you have to find and select the option of “reset” throttle position sensor Honda civic.
- When you will find this option for resetting the throttle position. Then you have to select the option for resetting the sensor.
Once you will complete this process properly then your sensor of Honda civic will completely reset.