WD my cloud is a technical device that can optimize your data and information. It increases the capacity to store the data of your computer system. It can increase the capacity from 2TB to 24 TB. Also, it decreases the cost to manage the data on other servers and increases the security of data on the local server. It doesn’t store only data but increases the efficiency of the system.
Devices like WD My Cloud are more suitable for professionals and consumers who find the limitations of cloud system services such as google drive and Drop Box. With the increase in capacity, no need to repeat payments. Also, you can access them anywhere from any device such that tablet, smartphone, laptop, or computer. So, WD my cloud is secure, easy to access, or efficient for everyone who needs more capacity storage to manage the data.
In some situations, you need to reset WD my cloud to make empty storage or due to another reason. We have given a full guide on that topic.
WD my cloud reset IP address
Here, we will go through the process to reset WD my Cloud IP address from the dashboard of my cloud. However, if you are not able to access the dashboard of my cloud due to a deficiency of the id and password, you can perform the 4 seconds reset or 10-second reset. We have also explained both methods in the next section.
- Log in to the My cloud dashboard using your account credential.
- Here, find the Setting option and tap on it.
- Next, navigate to the Network > Network Services > Network Mode inside the settings menu.
- Here, you can change the IP address of my cloud manually.
- If you want to configure an IP address for DHCP then you should perform 4 seconds reset on my cloud device.
4 or 40 seconds reset WD my cloud
4 Seconds reset will not remove or reset all the things or data from the My cloud. It will remove the password from your account and you have to set a new one again. Also, it changes the network mode to default (DHCP configured).
- You have to perform a 4-second reset operation while power on.
- At the backside of the device, you will find the small reset button. To press the reset button, you need some small thing like a paper clip or a narrow tipped pen to press it.
- So, press the button only for 4 seconds and release it.
- It can take up to 5 minutes and when you see solid blue LED light, you can start to use it again.
40 seconds reset process is also the same but it will set all the things to default including username, password, and IP address. It will set the username to “Admin”, with no password by default. Furthermore, remove all user permission and set IP addresses to default settings. The factory reset process removes all alerts and unlinks your device from my cloud account so you have to link it again from the dashboard of my cloud.
- Turn off the WD my cloud device and unplug the power cord from the power socket.
- Now, press and hold the reset button using the pen point, and while holding the reset button reconnect the power cord to my cloud device.
- Continue holding the reset button for a minimum of 40 seconds.
- After 40 seconds let go reset button and the device will restart automatically. Wait until the device becomes ready to use.
Here, we have performed factory reset WD my cloud without a dashboard. If you have the user id and password of my cloud account, you can perform the reset from the dashboard but that is tough than these steps.
What if WD my cloud 40 second reset not working
Before, you enter this section, make sure that you have complete the 4 seconds reset and 40 seconds reset. Here, some troubleshooting steps that you should check and follow to find the issue and correct the problem.
- Now, also disconnect the USB drive and power cord both from My cloud and perform 40 seconds reset again.
- In this process, it will update the firmware. Make sure while performing the process ads and scripts are disabled on your browser.
- Also, you should check that My cloud is connected with the ethernet port of the computer correctly.
- It’s time to turn on My cloud again and check the colour of the LED light. If LED is solid blue then your issue is solved and you can start to use it.