These days, more than 2.5 billion users using WhatsApp for end-to-end or group conversations. WhatsApp is a dominant app on all messaging apps in the market. Sometimes, we need to reset WhatsApp due to the worst messages and free up the memory space.
So, if you delete the message one by one it can take more than 4 to 5 days but what if you can clear the whole WhatsApp or chat with a single click. So, we have a guide for you to reset WhatsApp account, WhatsApp settings, and backup.
how to reset WhatsApp settings
If you want to clear all the data of WhatsApp from your device then you can directly do that from the phone’s settings menu.
- First Go to the Settings menu of any brand’s phone.
- Now, scroll down and find the Apps section and move into that.
- Locate WhatsApp and tap on it. Next, simply tap on clear all data and it will clear all the local backup and chats from your current device.
- So, this is the simple way to reset the whole WhatsApp account.
It might happen, you need to change only some settings then you can do it from the WhatsApp app. Here, you will find different options to set the theme, 2-factor authentication pin, and storage, etc.
- As usual, tap on the 3 vertical dots and move to the Settings of WhatsApp.
- Here, to change privacy, security, phone number, delete an account you can go into the Account section.
- From the Chats section, you can change the theme and background wallpaper for every chat. Also, you can change the Font size from here.
- To manage the notifications, move to the Notifications section.
- The storage and data submenu allows you to control the storage using while media download and data uses during WhatsApp calls.
So, this way you can reset, delete and change the phone number, etc. of your WhatsApp account.
how to reset WhatsApp backup
It’s really important to take a data backup for WhatsApp users because anyone can’t know when a sudden incident happens with their phone. So, if you take a backup of all important chats of WhatsApp then you can also recover it to the other device. However, WhatsApp daily takes the backup of your chats but in the local storage. If the phone will be crashed then you will obviously lose local storage with WhatsApp chats. So, we preferred you to take a backup on Google drive.
Here, you can follow our guide to take a backup in Google drive.
- Move to the Settings menu by clicking on the 3 vertical dots.
- Tap on the chats submenu. Here, you will find the second last option as a chat backup.
- Go inside that and connect your Google account with that. Next, click on the Backup button.
- If you want to do Backup only on the wi-fi data then you can toggle on that option. Also, select the time period to do backup. You can choose, manual, Daily, weekly or monthly.
- Furthermore, If you don’t like to add videos with the backup then toggle on the include videos button.
Now, you have completed the backup of all chats. If you find that WhatsApp is taking too much space on your device then you can delete all chants from local storage. When you required that chats information, you can restore it on any device from your Google drive.
how to reset WhatsApp QR code
When you need to open your WhatsApp account to another mobile device or computer device, you can open it directly using the QR code. You don’t need to sign in using your WhatsApp mobile number. While you are trying to connect the WhatsApp account to another device and the QR code doesn’t work perfectly, then you should reset the QR code.
- To reset WhatsApp QR code, You have to go to the settings menu inside the WhatsApp app which you will find by clicking on 3 vertical dots.
- Next, besides your username and profile picture click on the R code icon.
- Here, you will see your WhatsApp QR code. Next, tap on the 3 vertical dots at the top right corner and click on the Reset QR code.
- On the prompted message, tap on the reset button and you will see your WhatsApp QR code has been reset.
Now, you can try to connect your WhatsApp with another device, it will work fine.
how to reset the WhatsApp group link
When an unsuitable member comes to the WhatsApp group, then the group admin should have to reset the Group invites link to revoke the old link. So, it is a very simple process to reset the WhatsApp group link.
- Open the Group in the WhatsApp app and click on the Group name on the top.
- Here, in the participant’s section, you will find Group invites link if you are a group admin otherwise you can’t access the group invite link.
- So, click on the Invite via link option in the participant’s section.
- From here, click on the last option which is Reset. Next, click on the reset link on the prompted message.
- So, you can reset the Group invite link and stop entering the unknown person to entering the group and sending spam messages.
how to reset WhatsApp password
If you have enabled the 2 steps authentication on WhatsApp, it will ask you to enter 6 digit passcode while opening the app. What if you forgot the WhatsApp 6 digit passcode? Well, we can reset it using the connected email address.
- Open the WhatsApp app on your phone and if you don’t remember the passcode then click on the Forgot passcode on the screen.
- Tap on the Send Email to receive the email to reset the password.
- Next, check your mailbox and click on the received mail, and tap on the reset link given inside the mail.
- Tap on the conform, to remove passcodes or 2 step authentication.
- Now, it will show you the option to restore the backup. If you want to restore then click on the Restore button otherwise click on the Skip button.
- Now, the passcode is removed and you can enter your WhatsApp account normally.
- It’s time to reset the passcode again. So, go to the Settings -> Account ->two step verification ->enable ->Enter 6 digit code -> again enter code for conformation -> tap on next.
- Here, it will ask you to enter an email address to connect with your WhatsApp account. So, enter your email address otherwise you will not unlock your WhatsApp when you forgot the passcode again.
- At last, confirm the email address and save it.