How to reset YouTube account
Want to customize a YouTube account or create a new one? Here, you will know what to do to reset YouTube account. If you want to delete all videos uploaded on your YouTube channel or close old YouTube and want to start a new one then you can directly reset the whole YouTube channel.
When you try to reset the YouTube account, it will remove all uploaded videos, comment and like from the video. Also, you will not retrieve it again because this process is irreversible. So, make sure that you want to delete the YouTube channel. If you want to change only settings in your account go to below other sections and read anyone which you need.
how to reset the YouTube app
This section will lead you to Delete the whole content from your YouTube channel and reset it.
- So, log in to the YouTube channel dashboard which you want to reset.
- Locate the settings menu and go inside it. The location for the settings menu on the phone and desktop is different. Most probably you will find it inside your profile section so that click on the profile image and try to get it.
- Next, select Channel -> Advance settings.
- In this section, scroll down to the bottom and choose to Remove YouTube content.
- It will open a new tab and ask you to log in again to your YouTube account for the ownership verification purpose.
- Here, tap on the I want to permanently delete my content. Next, click on the checkbox and tap on the Delete My Content button.
Now, you will see that all videos and content are deleted from your YouTube channel. It means your YouTube account is reset and you can start uploading new videos.
how to reset YouTube recommendations
YouTube has a unique algorithm and it will be recommended the videos to you according to you have search topics in the past or watch videos in the previous days. So, App works automatically on an AI-based algorithm. So, what if you want to reset YouTube recommendations or don’t like the recommended videos? A simple solution is that delete search history and clear watch history. After that, it will not shows you videos related to the past search. So, let’s get to delete search history.
- Go to the YouTube settings and tap on the History. On mobile devices, you will find History and Privacy.
- Here, click on the clear search history. Next, tap on the clear Watch history. This quick step will erase the history and YouTube will not recommend videos according to your past watched videos.
- If you want that in the future, you don’t need the recommendation from YouTube related to your search, then you should toggle on pause search history and pause watch history.
Well, these 3 simple steps will stop recommending YouTube videos to you. So, this way you can reset YouTube home page and you can set videos according to your need.
If you want to see other videos on the homepage of your YouTube account then you can edit the YouTube playlist and add videos to them. Also, add some videos in your favourite, like the videos, and you will see those videos on the front page of your YouTube account.
how to reset YouTube password
If you sign in to the YouTube account and want to change the password then you can simply change it from the settings. Also, if you forgot the YouTube account password then YouTube allows you to reset it. So, let’s look at how you can change the password if you have an old password.
- Go to the YouTube dashboard and tap on your profile.
- Now, click on the manage Google account.
- It will redirect you to the Google account management page. Here, you will see some information related to your account privacy.
- You have to select Security from the sidebar of this page.
- Scroll down and click on the password.
- Enter the new password and click on the next to continue and you have successfully change the password of your YouTube account.
In the above steps, we have simply change the password of the email account which is connected with your YouTube account. There is no separate password for the YouTube account.
So, in simple words, while logging in to the YouTube account, you have to use the Google account id and password. So, if you forgot your Gmail password, by the below instructions you can reset it.
- Go to Youtube.com
- Click on the Sign-in button at the top corner of the screen.
- Click to continue with sign in with your email and enter your email.
- Now, Click on next and it will ask you to enter the password of your Google account. If you forget it or want to reset it then click on the Forgot password.
- Reset the password for it by following the on-screen instruction and log in to the YouTube account using a Gmail address.
how to reset YouTube recommendations Without an account
Here, you have to delete the browser’s cache data if you are signed into the Google account otherwise clear only YouTube cookies and it will help to stop recommendations from YouTube.
- Open YouTube on your computer.
- Next press Shift + Ctrl + I, together. You will see the console will open on your chrome browser.
- Now, move to the Application menu from the top menu bar.
- Here, in the left sidebar select the cookies and you will see all saved cookies in your browser. Delete all cookies one by one. You can delete the cookies by right-clicking on them.
After deleting all cookies from the browser, just reload the tab and it will stop recommending the videos.