Have you upgraded from iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, or iPhone 8 to iPhone 12 mini? Although you don’t need to use it at this time, you should know the steps to hard reset iPhone 12 mini, because you can perform the operation if your phone freezes, behaves abnormally. When your iPhone 12 mini frozen and you cannot shut it down regularly, you should perform a factory reset. This operation takes a few minutes, and your iPhone 12 mini will return to normal condition.
Force reset iPhone 12 mini when frozen
When iPhone 12 mini freezes, again and again, you may be required to update the application to its latest version through the App Store or source of the app. As you all know, iPhone 12 mini does not have a Home button, the hard reset process is different from other iPhones with a Home button, such as the iPhone 7, iPhone 8, and older models.
Here, we will enter the DFU mode to reset the iPhone 12 mini. So, that iTunes can recognize the device. Furthermore, the DFU method will help you to reset iPhone 12 mini without a passcode. It happens that you have not used your device for a long time or you have bought old iPhone 12 mini then you have not passcode of the device. If you are not able to unlock iPhone 12 mini or facing some issues with the device this method will solve your problem.
For instructions on how to hard reset or force reboot, please refer to the instructions below for Your iPhone 12 mini.
- First, you need to Turn on the iPhone 12 mini if you have not turned on it already.
- Take a Lightning USB cable and connect your iPhone 12 mini with the computer or laptop.
- Whatever macOS running on your mac laptop or computer make sure that iTunes software is executable in your device. If you are using macOS Catalina or later then check that Finder is running properly.
- On the iPhone 12 mini, you have to quickly press and release the Volume up button and after do the same for the Volume down button.
- Now, you have to press and hold the side button of the iPhone 12 mini until you see the Apple logo on the screen or black screen.
- Let go of the side button. Now, you have to press the side button + Volume down button together for approximately 5 to 8 seconds.
- Now, lunch the side button. Make sure you are holding the volume down button till now. After releasing the side button you have to press the Volume down button for a minimum of 6 to 7 seconds.
- Now, on the screen, you will see a pop-up message which tells you that your iPhone 12 mini is in recovery mode. If you don’t get a message like this then you should repeat the process.
- Now, Select the option of Restore iPhone Which will reset your iPhone 12 mini to original settings.
- Now, to exit from the DFU mode You have to press quickly volume up button followed by the volume down button and press the side button for 5 seconds until you will see a black screen. The steps for the exit and entry into the DFU mode are the same.
So, we have completed the hard reset process for the iPhone 12 mini using the DFU mode.