how to factory reset acer Chromebook
Acer Chromebooks are easy to use. It comes with a default Chrome OS which is known for its speed and user-friendly interface. But like any electronic device mobile or computer, the good Acer Chromebook will be sluggish after a period of time. Deleting all data and clear the laptop by performing a factory reset is the best option to speed up your Acer Chromebook laptop.
When you do a hard reset Acer Chromebook, it will erase all caches from the memory and extra data which you never required. So, memory will become free and your laptop will get more memory which boosts the performance of your Acer Chromebook. To overcome the issue on the Acer Chromebook either you can fresh start which does not delete that data or factory reset which erase all stored data and information.
how to factory reset Chromebook without passwordlocked out of access to your Chromebook? please continue reading.
- If you still signed into your Acer Chromebook then sign out and you forgot the password of your account then it will be ok. Continue to move with this method.
- After the successful sign, out simply press Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r all keys at a single time and hold it for 3 to 4 seconds which will launch the reset window in Acer Chromebook.
- On the screen select the “Restart” button.
- Now, your Acer Chromebook will start restarting, and at this step, you have to confirm that you want to factory reset it.
- There is some firmware update available in the Acer Chromebook that can be updated while performing a power wash.
- So, don’t forget to update it. You have to check the update-related option on the screen and check the box.
- At this time, press the “power-wash” button on the Chromebook. Now, on the screen, you will see the last confirmation message to reset your Acer Chromebook. Click on the Continue.
- It will restart automatically once the process has been completed. On the screen, you will be able to see the option of the sign-in. So, sign in again to your account or create a new account.
You can hard restore Acer Chromebook from the settings menu also if you have the password of your device. The company provides a power wash option in the settings menu to directly reset your Acer Chromebook. Before you do a factory reset think once about it because the process is irreversible and you can’t restore manual settings.