how to reset Acer swift 3
The performance of the Acer Swift 3 is overall good including long-lasting battery life. You are on this article means that either your Acer swift laptop has some glitches or you want to wipe all the data with one tap to trade the laptop. Well, we have 2 to 3 methods to reset your Acer Swift 3 to the manufactured state.
All methods have some conditions. Let’s see which method is useful for you. Overall, we learn to reset Acer Swift 3 laptop.
Reset Acer Swift 3 using the “Fresh Start” Option in Windows 10
Make sure you are using windows 10 on your Acer Swift 3 laptop to take advantage of this method. If you are using another operating system like Linux, windows 7,8 then we have other methods for you. Move to the next section.
- Microsoft has included the Fresh start option to restart windows 10 for the quick factory reset.
- To get started with the factory reset in Acer Swift 3, Open the settings menu on your laptop.
- Scroll down, and move to Update & security in the settings menu. Now, move to the recovery page. However, you can’t find the recovery page from the settings menu then you can directly search on the search console of Windows 10.
- Here, on the recovery page, you will get instructions to fresh start your laptop. It will clean the whole window and reinstall it.
- To start the process you have to click on the Get started and follow the instruction given by the manufacturer on the screen.
A fresh start will not delete your personal data and files. Also, when you reinstall it using the fresh start then it will install the latest version of Windows and makes your laptop faster.
factory reset Acer Swift 3 from boot
Restoring the Acer swift 3 in the boot mode simply means bios reset. If you can’t able to open a laptop due to forgot password or the laptop won’t turning on then the boot reset or bios reset method is really helpful to use. We will proceed with the method by tapping on the 2 to 3 keys.
- Connect the Acer swift 3 to charging so we can compile the factory reset process before the battery drained.
- Now, Start the Acer Swift 3 laptop. If already on then turn off and restart again. You have to wait until the Acer logo will appear on the screen.
- On the keyboard of the Acer Swift 3 laptop press, the “Alt + F10″ key simultaneously.
- Wait for some time. Here, you will see options on the screen you have to choose the “Troubleshoot” option.
- In the troubleshoot menu you will find the “Reset this PC” option. Click on it to continue the process
- At last, you have to tap on the “Restart” button to finally start the process
- You will see on the screen of the laptop, factory reset process has been started and waits till it executes.
- Once, the process execution completed, you can be able to open it without the password but now you will not find any personal data except system software data.
- If you have already taken the backup of Acer laptop data then you can simply restore it.