How to reset Apple watch series 5?
Before we know that how to reset Apple watch series 5? First of all, we must know that:
What happens after we reset Apple watch series 5?
When we will reset our Apple watch series 5 then it will remove all the data. Once the watch will finish the reset process, after that we will see that our watch has become empty. After resetting our watch music, photos, messages, and every other thing will be lost. Now, let’s come to settings and connectivity. We will have to again connect our Apple watch series 5 with our iPhone by pairing it again with Bluetooth.
Settings that we had done in past will also be changed to default. If we want to change the settings again then we can do that. In case we do not want to remove our data and other important things. Then we must have to backup all of these data on our iPhone before resetting our Apple watch series 5.
If we will do this then once the reset will finish after that we will be able to easily reinstall all the data on our watch. We will have to just connect our Apple watch to our iPhone.
What are the possible reasons for which we have to reset Apple series 5?
There are so many issues that can be solved by resetting the Apple watch. In case, sometimes we forget our passcode due to some reason. If we are facing some technical problems in our Apple watch series 5. These problems include hanging of the watch, working very slow. We may also face the issues like our watch turns on and turns off automatically. This can happen when our watch falls by mistake. When we reset our Apple watch series 5 these all issues get fixed.
We have to also reset our Apple watch series 5 when it needs to clean all its data. We do this when we have to give our Apple watch series 5 to some other person. If we want to sell our watch then in this situation also, we need to clear all of our data. As we that when we reset an Apple series 5 then all data gets automatically cleared. So, when there will be a need to clear all the data which was installed by us there is a very easy method. This method is to reset the smartwatch.
How to reset Apple watch series 5?
Follow the given procedure properly to learn to reset your Apple series 5:
- You can directly reset your Apple watch series 5 with the help of your iPhone.
- First of all, you have to install the App available for Apple watch series 5 on your iPhone. (It is available on Appstore)
- Once, you have downloaded the App on your iPhone. Open the series 5 application.
- Now, when you will open the Apple watch series 5 App then you have to open the menu of “My watch”.
- By doing so, you will get an option for your watch, you have to just tap on it.
- Now you have to select the “exclamation” icon which will be on the right side of the image of Apple watch series 5.
- Then you will get an option “unlink watch”, you have to tap on it and then confirm it by select yes.
- After you will do the confirmation, you will have to give your Apple watch series 5 passcode.
- When you will complete this all steps properly then the process of reset will complete and it will erase all of your data.
- A backup will be created before removing all the important data on your iPhone. This will help you to reinstall all of your data to your Apple watch series 5.
How to reset Apple watch series 5 without password?
If you have to give your Apple watch series 5 to your friend. If you want to sell your watch to someone. In these situations, you need to clear all of your personal data from Apple watch series 5. You also have to remove your account from the watch, because the other person has to set up his/her new account on the watch. But, because of some reason you don’t have your password through which you have to reset your watch series 5. Now, how to reset Apple watch series 5 without password?
Just read the procedure given below if you want to reset your Apple watch series 5 without password:
- You have to first check your Apple watch’s battery, if the battery of your Apple watch series 5 is not enough then plug in the charger.
- Now there is a power button given on your watch, just find it.
- Once you will get the side button, you have to hold it and then press it for several seconds.
- When you will get the shutdown screen, you have to press the button given for “shut down” for 5 to 6 seconds.
- After that, you will see the option for “erase all content and settings”. You have to just press it.
- Once this step will complete then your Apple watch series 5 will start the reset process.
- After the process will complete your Apple watch will reboot and will take few minutes to restore its default settings.
- Now you can easily link your account again and also restore all your data from backup if you want.
How to reset series 5 watch too many passcode attempts?
When you try to reset your Apple series 5. At the time when it asks for passcode and when you type the passcode you get a prompt of “too many passcode attempts”. So, now how to reset watch series 5 too many passcode attempts? Here, in the article you will learn to reset your watch series 5 when it says too many passcode attempts.
Just you have to follow the process given below properly:
- Before starting this process, you have to keep the iPhone in which the Apple watch is present and your smartwatch together. This should be done until the process completes.
- Now, you have to start the Apple watch series 5 app on your iPhone.
- After opening the app, you will see an option for “My Watch”. You have to open this menu by pressing on it.
- In the menu of My Watch, you have to locate the option for “general”. Once you will get this menu, you have to open it.
- Now, in the “general settings” menu you have to find and select the “reset” option by clicking on it.
- In the reset menu you have to tap on the “erase content and settings”.
- Then you will get a confirmation notification. Just confirm it by choosing yes.
- Now you have to wait for 4 to 5 minutes after that the process will complete.
- After the completion of the process, you can easily configure and set your Apple watch series 5 again.
How to reset your series 5 watch without iPhone?
If you want to reset your Apple watch series 5 but you do not have your iPhone with you. In this case, you must know the process to reset Apple series 5 without iPhone. If you don’t know how to do it then just follow the given steps:
- First of all, we have to check our Apple watch series 5 battery is enough to perform the process or not. If the battery of our Apple watch series 5 is not enough then we have to plug in the charger.
- Now we have to find the power button given on our watch.
- Once we will get the side button, we have to hold it and then press it for 2 to 3 seconds.
- When we will get the shutdown screen, we have to press the button given for “shutdown” at least for 5 seconds.
- After that, we will see the option for “erase all content and settings”. Just choose this option.
- After this step will complete then our Apple watch series 5 will start the reset process.
- Once the process will complete, our Apple watch will reboot and will take few minutes to restore its default settings.
- Now we can easily link our account again and also restore the data through the backup.
How to reset Apple series 5 when locked?
When you try to open your Apple watch series 5 by typing the unlock password. But due to mistake you type a wrong password. In this situation your Apple watch series 5 gets locked. This also happens when you forget your passcode and try to put any passcode randomly.
Now, in these types of situations, you can only do one thing to get access to Apple series 5 watch. This thing is to reset Apple series 5 watch when locked. But how to do it when your Apple watch series 5 is locked? To know you have to read the given procedure carefully:
- You have to find the side button on the watch.
- After finding it, you need to hold it for few seconds. When you will see the “power off” option after that release the button.
- Now you have to hold the power off option and tap on it for 4 to 5 seconds.
- When you will complete this then you will have the option to erase all contents and reset your Apple watch series 5.
- Just select this option and wait for several minutes your process will complete.
- After this you will be completely able to access your Apple watch. You only need to link your account again in the watch.