Do you know The difference between rebooting the router and resetting the router? Rebooting the router simply means turning off the power cycle of the router and then turning it on again. We can call rebooting to power cycle reset or smart reset. Reset the router means you need to reset it to factory settings.
You may have forgotten the username or password of the Motorola MG8702 router and want to reset change the password now. There isn’t way to reset the password like mobile or tablet devices in the Motorola MG8702 modem. You must restore the router to original settings before so that you can be able to use the default password for accessing the router.
After accessing the router using the default password, you can change the password easily.
In this guide, first, we have written the steps to factory reset Motorola MG8702 modem. Also, written steps about how you can use the default password and change the password of the Motorola MG8702 modem.
hard reset Motorola MG8702 modem
When you will reset the Motorola MG8702 modem to its manufactured settings, you will lose all the changes which you have made in the configuration of the router. You can see what settings you can lose if you have customized it.
- Motorola MG8702 modem’s username and password
- If you have set up any port forwards, then you have to set it again.
- You have to set firewall settings after a successful factory reset.
- Modem’s Wi-Fi username and password
- Also, you will lose your ISP username and password.
- In a simple word, any configuration changed by you in the Motorola modem will erase and you have to customize it again.
If you are resetting the Motorola MG8702 modem because of some issue then first perform a simple power cycle reset which will help you to solve the issue. The final solution for the forgot password and any problem is the factory reset.
- Turn on the Motorola MG8702 modem’s power.
- Remove or disconnect all cables such as a coaxial cable from the backside of the router.
- At the rear of the unit, you will locate a reset button which is marked with the reset.
- Take a small push pin and press the reset button for 25 to 30 seconds using the pushpin.
- Here, the hole of the reset button is too small so you should use anything which can enter the hole at the backside of the modem.
- Once the factory reset starts, you will show a flashing LED light.
- After the few moments when factory reset of Motorola MG8702 modem will complete, it will reboot again to its default state and you have to set it again.
- Now, if you forgot the password then you can log in using the default password as you have done when you bought it.
summing up thoughts
You can resolve the many issues of the Motorola MG8702 modem by resetting it to default settings. If your router has a connection problem or poor signal problem then you can reset it using the above method which definitely will help you to make better your modem.