How to factory reset LG Velvet 5G
Do you need to format or hard reset LG Velvet 5G?
Here, below we have given both 2 methods to hard reset LG Velvet.
hard reset from settings menu
Before you do a hard reset, you need to back up all important data to cloud storage or laptop, SD card, hard drive, or U disk. After restoring the factory settings, you will lose all the data files manually added to the phone. For example, multimedia files (such as images, videos, and GIFs), manually installed applications, and much other content.
- Open the settings menu of the LG Velvet 5G phone.
- Move down and tap on the “System” option on the bottom to continue.
- Tap on the dropdown menu with the name “Advanced option.
- Click on “Reset options” so that reset your LG velvet phone.
- Now, on the screen, you will see options like “Erase all data (factory reset)” or simply “Factory data reset”.
- Touch on it will take you to the next step.
- On the screen, You will see a confirmation message. Tap on the Reset phone button.
- There will be another pop-up prompted on the screen to read instructions carefully again and press the “Erase everything button“. If required then enter your device’s password and authenticate it.
- After few moments your phone will be restart in recovery mode with inbuilt system software and apps.
Hard reset using recovery mode or using Hardware keys
When you use the recovery method to reset LG Velvet 5G, You will not lose data stored on the SD card. So, let’s follow the beneath instructions below to use the recovery method.
- To use the method first, turn off your LG Velvet phone by pressing and holding the power button.
- Now, we have to open the LG velvet 5G phone into recovery mode and to do this press the power button + volume down button together.
- After a few seconds or minutes, the LG logo will appear on the screen. Now, hold the volume down button key and release the power button key and press it again.
- Release all the holding keys when you will show the “factory data reset” section on the screen.
- At the moment, you use the volume + and – key to go up and down. To select anything you have to use the power button key. Move on the “Yes” option using the volume key and press it using the “Power button“.
- Simply, Wait and watch for some time, your phone will restart automatically again.
Amazing, you have reset your phone using the factory reset method.
Conclusion and warnings
To reset LG Velvet 5G phone using recovery mode or from the settings menu is not harmful to the hardware and software of the device. Keep one thing in mind you will lose all the data stored in your phone after you will perform a factory reset or hard reset in the LG velvet 5G phone. Don’t forget to backup important data.