How to reset password on windows vista
If you have forgotten your log-in password on windows vista. Then to get access to your PC you will have to reset password on windows vista. But if you don’t have an idea about this process, then with the help of this article you can perform this process easily.
When we forget our password. Then we cannot get access to our PC without providing the right login password. So, it is very important for us to get a new password to get access to our PC.
Sometimes, we try to install the windows again to get access to our PC. But this process is very long and takes so much time. Therefore, before trying anything like this, first, we can try resetting our password and getting a new password.
We can reset the password on windows vista with the help of the reset password disk. The method to do this is given below:
You can reset the password with the help of :
windows vista reset password disk
If you are a user of windows vista, then you will be aware of an administrator account. There is an option available for us to create a reset disk with the help of an administrator account. So, if you had created a reset disk before you had forgotten the password on windows vista, then you can use this to get a new password.
But if you don’t know how to do it.
Then follow the steps provided below:
- First of all, you have to power on your PC of which you had forgotten the password.
- When you will power on your PC. After that, you will reach the screen of login. There you will have to provide the password in the box given.
- Once you will type a wrong password in that box, then you will see that there is an option available for resetting your password. You will see the font “reset password”.
- Now, when you will see that font, then you have to move the cursor on it and then click on this font to open its menu. You will also have to plug in the reset password disk before starting this process.
- Once you will do this, then you will reach the menu of “reset password”. In that menu, you have to find the option provide for “next” and then click on it to move further.
- Now, when you will move to the menu, there you will have to choose the reset password disk with which you have to complete this process.
- Once you will select this disk. After that, you will be asked to provide a new password there. Just provide the password as per your wish and then proceed further by click “next”.
- Now, when you will proceed further, then you will reach the menu from where you have to confirm this process.
Once you will move your cursor towards the button provided for “finish” and click on it. Then the process of resetting the password on windows vista will complete. After resetting the password, you will easily be able to get access to your PC.